Elbow activated heated seats

Gersen

can i guess at inventor being used :p i understand its a sketch for our imaginative benefit btw ;)

only AL your thinking of or any other materials?

It was indeed an Autodesk Inventor... and a not to scale sketch for illustrative purposes only ;) well spotted....PS nerd! :)

I was thinking ally as I was initially planning on having two nicely hidden grub screws to secure it without trashing the interior but I could well use depleted uranium if the safety Nazis are out....just kidding....I'm really going to use plutonium ;)

In all seriousness there isn't much of a reason to not use ABS/Nylon etc other than the overall stiffness if it's going to be mounted using screws, but tbh I can't be accused of having overthought the securing method as yet :blush:

by the way, what are you guys doing to get your eblows down by the seat heater buttons?

I sadly I and others have gorilla arms and generally use the rear strut brace as an elbow rest

:teeth:

Interior trim that might contact the occupant in an accident must not have radii less than 3.0mm, and all styled fillets have a run-in so for a 3mm "peak" you'd lead in from 5 or 6 mm tangent curves

Damnit....my 9" spike for the steering wheel design just bit the dust

:D

Useful info though - it is the sort of things that cars going for SVA generally fall foul of. I had some 2nd hand experience of this with a friend who built a rather nice component car a few years back

ill definately have one if the price is rightn :thumbs:

Doing this for the love so I shall shout out if anyone wants to add one to the batch but I won't be making anything on it.

we're getting a RP machine soon, so could make it out of plastic for you ABS, PP, :p

Splendid, I may be in touch but I'm hoping to get it done as a favour. I'm hoping (having done this many times before) that it should end up being £15 quid ish assuming it's made of anodised ally.