Malfunction Light

Miss 350Z

The malfunction light on the dashboard of my Zed has come on and all it says in the manual is that there is a malfunction (no sh*t!!) and that i need to take the Zed to the nearest Nissan agent. Any ideas what this is likely to be? I'm dreading it being something hugely expensive, but the car seems to be running just fine and dandy... any enlightenment would be appreciated.

xx

Where abouts are you situated? There might be somebody local with an OBD reader that can check the fault code. You could also do a reset, as the car appears to be running fine, and see if it comes back.

I'm in Pembrokeshire (South West Wales).

Done a reset already and the light came back on again :-(

xx

I've got a code reader but am a bit further South. I'm working in Bridgend in the morning though if you fancy a little trip down :)

Sorry, only just seen your message. Thanks very much for the offer, but 80 miles is a bit far and maybe not very sensible to drive 160 mile round trip in case there is something serious up with the Zed...

I'll take him into Nissan this week and hopefully find out what the problem is.

xx

**update**

Apparently it was a throttle pedal sensor (cue jokes about heavy right foot haha!!), they erased the fault and the light hasn't come back on, which is good. Cost me £28 for them to do about 30secs of work, which wasn't so good!!!

Mustnt grumble, Audi tried to charge my mum £60 to read her CEL :headhurt:

**update**

Apparently it was a throttle pedal sensor (cue jokes about heavy right foot haha!!), they erased the fault and the light hasn't come back on, which is good. Cost me £28 for them to do about 30secs of work, which wasn't so good!!!

thats not bad, my local dealer charge a minimum 1hour labour for any diagnostics :scare: Glad it wasnt anything to major and easily sorted

Not so unusual. I know Tere over on Zchickz has just done the same thing with one of her 350's. Only difference being she replaced the sensor.

• 1 month later...