Hello folks!

Just a quick message to introduce myself and say hello. My name's Rob, and I live in Somerset not far from Taunton.

So a bit about me and cars...

I currently drive a 52 plate Toyota Celica T-Sport. Its mostly stock, I'm not a big modder. I'm looking to change it soonish, and its really between a Golf GTi and the 350z. The practical side of me that has to carry skydiving gear is thinking Golf... the coupe loving heart in me wants a RWD V6 with the lush looks of the 350z. My girlfriend thinks I should either keep the Celica or get the 350Z... she likes a "looker" and thinks I'll never really be happy with a Golf. She's probably right, but we won't admit that to her... ;)

So I've been lurking on the forum, trying to get a feel for the car from people that already own it. My main concerns are fuel consumption, and luggage space for my skydiving kit.

So that's me! Hi! :thumbs:

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

The fact hat you have been on here reading shows that subconciously, you want a Zed.

As painful as it may be, you'll have to admit that your other half is absolutely right and you should get a Zed ;)

How much space do you need for the skydiving gear, I suppose it's not just a parachute on it's own then...

You'd be suprised how much stuff you can stuff in the boot.

One owner went on a camping trip and managed to stuff clothes, supplies, sleepingbag and even a one man tent in the Zed.

you wont want to waste time jumping out of perfectly good planes

You've clearly never seen our 'planes ;-)

Thanks for the welcome messages!

If I'm just going to the dropzone for the day, I have a large rig bag and a kit bag with helmets, jumpsuits, etc.

As it happens I'm heading there soon so I'll grab a photo of it...

DSC_1594.jpg

I usually have a small bag with clothes and overnight stuff too. I've been spoiled with the celica... even without folding down the rear seats its got a decent sized boot, especially for a sporty coupe. I can even put my mountain bike in the boot with the seats down. Well it doesn't look right putting a bike rack on the back of a sports car does it... :dry:

Where I live we always look left, look right and look up before crossing the road. ;)

http://www.skydivenorthwest.co.uk/

LOL, I hope you don't get too many people landing in the roads! If I ever come to jump at Cark I'll look out for your Z on my way back down to earth ;)

Golf mint be good but how many do you see against Zeds........ exactly ...... decision made

That's one of the arguments Nic (the other half) put to me recently, and its a fair point.

One of the cases for the VW is that they're holding their value so well. How's the 350 doing on this front? I know I'm finding it hard to find any bargains around here for what I want (prefer an Azure Blue GT, second choise would be Gunmetal Grey). However my poor Celica's value has fallen in the last year faster than I fall out of the sky!

Thanks for your thoughts and welcomes folks.

So, you think those bags (pictured above) will fit in the Z's boot ok?

Why not take the bags with you when viewing a Zed for sale, then try to fit them in?

If people do the golfbag test, then I'm sure they'll agree to the two bags test...

Welcome to the forum Rob.

So, you think those bags (pictured above) will fit in the Z's boot ok?

Why not take the bags with you when viewing a Zed for sale, then try to fit them in?

If people do the golfbag test, then I'm sure they'll agree to the two bags test...

Looking at the pics you posted Rob, they should fit. I'd put the longer bag behind the strut, and maybe the bigger back in front (although you might want to sort a way to secure the one in front of the strut). Or if by yourself in the car, on the floor in front of the passengers seat.

I've managed to fit in a fairly big suitcase in behind the strut, lowering it in with a blanket around to protect the plastic.

But as BM suggests take the bags along with you. Happy Zed hunting. :thumbs:

:welcome:

Assuming its a MK5 golf? If it is theres not a lot difference between them in performance terms, the Z is a bit quicker but no a lot :) The interior on the golf is much nicer but the Z looks a million times better on the outside :teeth: