FS: 2003 350Z Slightly modified

Ian

What sort of R34 are you looking at then... a GTR??

For probably the last 6 weeks or so i've been 'mildly perusing' PH and autotrader for an R34.. just a GTST but they're not dear (in standard form)... but i've not found one in the blue for the same as what my zeds worth yet...

Ofcourse its a GTR :p

Anything less is a backward/sideward step TBH

Good luck then...! When i was in hospital last year i was reading.. er Redline i think and there was a 4 page article about GTR ownership... and there were these two guys they did the feature on - and the running costs over the 2 years they'd both owned their cars was like £20-25k each!!

That put me waaaaaaaaay off the idea :lol:

Is a GTST a backward step performance wise? (i've not done the research yet :p )... Im getting that itchy feeling at the moment as i've had the zed for 2 years... and all i seem to be looking at are high mileage Range Rovers and R34's...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's Carbon Fibre Front Lip

Carbon Fibre Intake Duct

Smoked Reflectors

Smoothed Front Bumper

Seibon TS STyle Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Carbon Fibre Side Z Badges

Nismo Carbon Fibre B-Pillars

Honda S2000 Aerial

JDM Clear Fog Light

Rear Bumper tucked to accomodate single exhaust

*****Interior*****

Evo-R Titanium Gear Knob

Alcantara Shift Boot

Nismo Shift Pattern

Works Bell Team Orange Steering wheel

Works Bell Team Orange Quick Release

Works Bell Short Hub

Carbon Fibre Centre Vent Covers

OEM Tonneau Cover

Blue LED Interior Lights

Nismo 380RS ACcelerator Pedal

*****Engine*****

OEM Matte Black Plenum

ARC Super Sports Cleaner

ARC Suction Pipe

ARC Gold Oil Cap

ARC Radiator Cap

ARC Oil Catch Can

Carbon Fibre Battery Cover

Carbon Fibre Battery Cover Surround

Carbon Fibre Brake Fluid Cover

Carbon Fibre Brake Fluid Cover Surround

Rare JDM Engine Harness Cover

Motordyne 5/16" Spacer

Blue Gallery Bolt Set

Envy Titanium Strut Brace Bolt Set

Stillen Engine Damper (polished)

Blue Samco Hoses

*****Exhaust*****

Pro Speed Hi Flow Cats

Pro Speed Y-pipe

GReddy Ti-C Exhaust

*****Suspension*****

Cusco Zero-2 Coilovers

Cusco Front Anti Roll Bar

Cusco Rear Anti Roll Bar

ARC Titanium Strut Brace

*****Wheels & Tyres*****

19" Volk Racing CE28n Time Attack Editions (9.5 & 10.5 ET22)

Falken FK-452 Tyres (245/35/19 275/35/19)

RAYS Duraluminum Lightweight Wheel Nuts

*****ICE*****

Alpine CDA-9857R Head Unit

Alpine KCA-420I Ipod Adaptor

Scangauge II

Slightly modified? :lol:

Vile vile vile things unnecessarily clogging up the roads in my opinion :blush:

Only if you ACTUALLY ever venture off road could they ever be justified. I live directly opposite a school and you should see how many 'chelsea tractors' i see turning up for the school run that must be a whole 2 miles long :thumbdown:

Vile vile vile things unnecessarily clogging up the roads in my opinion :blush:

Only if you ACTUALLY ever venture off road could they ever be justified. I live directly opposite a school and you should see how many 'chelsea tractors' i see turning up for the school run that must be a whole 2 miles long :thumbdown:

The only reason i want one is so that even more people hate me than currently do... :blush:

Anyway, enough hijacking - sorry Ian. :thumbs:

have you test driven an r34 yet? incredible power delivery but not fun to drive imo, maybe you'll have a different view, they do look awesome, i drive past a purple R34 GTR on the way to work most days and they look great :thumbs:

Hope you dont have to strip the car down as youve managed to collect/fit loads of good stuff :)

gluk with the sale

DUDE whats happening??! I hope you find a good R34, I would love to own a seriously powerful motor like that, im waiting for the GTR's to drop to around £30k then ill get one.

R

Im still torn on whether I should buy one that already has most things done or buy a near standard one & do it all myself :headhurt:

You should keep your Zed you donut! :lol::boxing:

Good luck then...! When i was in hospital last year i was reading.. er Redline i think and there was a 4 page article about GTR ownership... and there were these two guys they did the feature on - and the running costs over the 2 years they'd both owned their cars was like £20-25k each!!

No, they really dont cost that much to run (unless you include mods ofcourse) ;)

Finally made that decision hey Ian :( Hope it all sorts out.

Great car and some top mods :thumbs:

Not quite, Im still having major doubts about selling it :blush: My mates & family think i'm nuts for doing it

have you test driven an r34 yet? incredible power delivery but not fun to drive imo, maybe you'll have a different view, they do look awesome, i drive past a purple R34 GTR on the way to work most days and they look great :thumbs:

Hope you dont have to strip the car down as youve managed to collect/fit loads of good stuff :)

gluk with the sale

Not driven one yet, hopefully next week & it will make the decision a whole lot easier or a whole lot more complicated :lol:

What's the insurance like on an r34 being 25!!??!?!!?!

About double what i pay for the Z :surrender:

Im still not 100% sure what to do. After talking to some mates earlier I am having major doubts. With the plans I have for the Z I could have a very unique car or I could just start again with a skyline :headhurt:

Oh for gods sake Ian, if you've got plans for the zed then just get it done :bangin: I test drove a R34 before i bought my first zed and yeah its got bags of power, but i found the 350 more enjoyable to drive, and better looking :thumbs: You've hardly driven the Zed since you bought it, so whats the point of buying another car thats gonna gather cobwebs on your driveway. Get the zed finished and enjoy it more :thumbs:

even though i want your wheels and bonnet, i still say keep it and go supercharger with it. i would say turbo it, but i'm not a turbo fan, i think supercharger is the way forward with the zed. as it will keep that NA feel to it as the power will be progressive, there won't be any turbo lag, and although it won't have the same power as a turbo at the top end, how much will you actually notice that unless your an avid tracker.

even though i want your wheels and bonnet, i still say keep it and go supercharger with it. i would say turbo it, but i'm not a turbo fan, i think supercharger is the way forward with the zed. as it will keep that NA feel to it as the power will be progressive, there won't be any turbo lag, and although it won't have the same power as a turbo at the top end, how much will you actually notice that unless your an avid tracker.

I hear differing views on that. The turbos in the Zed are relatively small so spool up damn quick so you dont notice turbo lag (sub 400BHP), but with the supercharger, I've heard it gives less torque than a turbo until right up the rev range. This doesnt sound quite right to me, but read it loads of places. :surrender: I've always fancied SC purely for its simplicity :)

even though i want your wheels and bonnet

+1 on that! im desperate for the time attacks to go on my kuro z, plus his bonnet too! :lol:B)

Total OT!! But it keeps your post uptop Ian ;)

Springy, what software did you use to make the pic in your sig? If its photoshop, then what filters / settings did you use?

even though i want your wheels and bonnet

+1 on that! im desperate for the time attacks to go on my kuro z, plus his bonnet too! :lol:B)

Total OT!! But it keeps your post uptop Ian ;)

Springy, what software did you use to make the pic in your sig? If its photoshop, then what filters / settings did you use?

Well if we are keeping this OT....... :lol:

Yeah it was photoshop, cant remember exactly but i'll open her up in PS later and have a checksie :blush:

Oh for gods sake Ian, if you've got plans for the zed then just get it done :bangin: I test drove a R34 before i bought my first zed and yeah its got bags of power, but i found the 350 more enjoyable to drive, and better looking :thumbs: You've hardly driven the Zed since you bought it, so whats the point of buying another car thats gonna gather cobwebs on your driveway. Get the zed finished and enjoy it more :thumbs:

As much as I hate to admit it, your probably right :blush: I've been having serious doubts about selling it since I put it up for sale