How to - Change front indicator bulbs

hbwold

Replaced the standard 350z front indicator bulbs today. Very easy modification and looks much better, it does help if you have small hands as the space is quite tight. Replaced with these purchased from here: http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/item_de ... odID=52189

bulb1.jpg.d7dbed7adefc820ff63e53aa57c56d2f.jpg

First step to changing these is to open the bonnet, then at the top of the headlight there is a 10mm bolt, remove the bolt

bulb2.jpg.3c719a29362e04831e7ac4307ed7ca1a.jpg

This enables you to move the headlight slightly forwards to give you some more space to access the bulb holder shown here

bulb3.jpg.d1317fdea10883d369948c3736d27cdd.jpg

Turn the bulb holder slightly and it should free up and easily pull out of the housing in the headlight, then manoeuvre the bulb and holder out though the space where you access the bulb

bulb4.jpg.6aa09d29fc52e21c7bbc974c74e40af3.jpg

Pull out the old bulb, then push in the new one. Then test the bulb to make sure if functions.

bulb5.jpg.7711e7168f9c25e1fd9f7d3fac417fb0.jpg

If it works then pass the bulb back through the access space, then into the headlight and position the bulb holder until it slots in, then turn until it engages into the headlight and feels solid. Then screw the 10mm bolt back in and you're done! :teeth:

bulb6.jpg.c04ee553d6be4de9454287b012eb8c89.jpg

bulb7.jpg.bdebf89e9cce9a9ead8cb5f9914d4659.jpg

• Like 2

Hbwold - nice guide there. In fact, you made it look so easy i now want to do mine.....

Can anyone tell me the exact size of the bulbs that fit? It's cos i'd prefer to search on ebay as have Paypal all set up there.

Many thanks Lads and lasses :thumbs:

got mine from JDM Performance http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/item_de ... odID=52189 Silver Amber Indicator Bulbs - T20/W21W - BU582S

• 2 weeks later...

top thread,just undertaken the job.replace with chrome/orange bulbs.

whilst i was at it i removed the rear bulds as well.give em a light dusting with some silver spray i had lying around and refitted.

it made a remarkable differents for zero out lay... :teeth:

bulb8.jpg.352be0fa4022e769abd2eb747696712e.jpg

bulb9.jpg.1b1bc7390fd19d342b71ab09662238e9.jpg

bulb10.jpg.2cb28f2c5ba8276fd0087b419b06d4a0.jpg

bulb11.jpg.6f5cbb5bae9b4a6a4778de0a8a8ef225.jpg

bulb12.jpg.6d3e72f9e28650a3ba7fbb919bb6e5df.jpg

Looks good, what sort of paint did you use to silver the rear lights? Does the amber shine through ok?

just some wheel silver i had.and yes the orange shows better than the chrome bulbs in the front. :blush:

we live and learn :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just found this thread while searching for a guide ...

I've ordered some Phillips Silver Vision bulbs as I've read they shine a bit brighter than the SilverTec's.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/WY21W- ... -pair.html

I can't believe how much of a difference it makes to the car ... and it looks relatively easy!

I'll get some before and after pics once I've had a chance to do it ... Thanks for the guide though!

• 2 weeks later...

Just attempted to change the front indicators in my car. The first post mentions that it is useful to have small hands but come on!!! I would say I have average sized hands but there is not a hope I can change the bulbs by just removing that nut at the front to get some extra wiggle room. There's a little plastic triangle right in your way! I don;t think I could have moved the light forward much more?

Looks like it will be a wheel arch liner out job for me as suggested by Russ. Hopefully fitting my Kudos spacers as well today so might as well catch it all at once :)

Chris

I tried doing it through the top and had no chance.I ended up going through the arch liner,be careful when putting back in i changed the sidelights and one of the bulbs dropped into my light.Ended up fishing for it with a screwdriver and a blob of blue tac on the end. :headhurt:

I managed to do this though the top wthout any major problems ...

I was just able to twist off the bulb and then used a screw driver to direct the bulb holder towards the top of the light ...

It took no more than 10 minutes total ..

:yahoo: