price of gas and electric

P15UL T

Hi guys, ive just had a bill through the door from the electricty and gas folk ( scottish hydro )

my direct debit already sits at £125 electricty and another £125 for the gas per month which i feel is alot,

my house is a 3 bedroom and i would say that the heating is off for about 4 months of the year, anyway with this bill they are wanting to put it up again.... i mean how much does this sh1T cost ??

would be great to get an idea of what other folk pay just to see if i am being robbed or wether i need to cough up :lol:

cheers Paul

I got my bill through today funnily enough. 2-bed house, occasional occupancy during the day, combined gas & electric for the last quarter was £240. I refuse to pay DD as I'd rather have the money sitting in my account getting me interest than in theirs.

i think you've hit the nail on the head there. I don't think Paul's bills are actually that price - its all to do with the estimations of the annual useage etc.

Paul, you need to check your bills against your meters to see what you have actually used - the direct debit payment means jack! I just got my phone bill and although my DD is still £50 a month i'm in credit!

Sent you a PM Paul. I work within the energy industry, albeit not in the domestic sector, but can help friends out with domestic calculations etc. As above the figures are either wild estimates, catch up readings, or the rates are pathetic. Highly unlikely you use anything like that amount.

I think I'm £75 a month efor each.. One always ends up in credit and the other debit. It's always the same amount roughly so I just leave it!

Must do a compare your energy price thingy to check out deals.

cheers for the comments guys

the missus takes to do with all the bills ect and she is just trying to get stuff cut down if we can, we also run a marine fish tank 24 hous a day but we have done so for the past 6 years.

the prices above are what i pay all year round but they have now said i am not paying enough and have sent me through a bill for another £100 onto of my electric and £130 for the gas :rant:

hopefully we can get somewhere with this as i never paid this much in the past and i know everything has went up in price and expect to pay more than i use to but you can never seem to win with these guys its always a case of if you can get it cheaper elsewere pay your balance and feck off then you start again from square one with a different company who has the same agenda

They are both "catch up" bills buddy. i.e. they have been estimating for some time and used an actual meter read to "cath up" with your actual usage.

The problem is their systems just see this as a high usage quarter, this is then extrapolated to form a years worth of usage and then they decide you arent payying enough. The problem is finding someone with half a brain at the supplier to realise that it is a catch up that has caused this.

Find out which email address or phone number you can call to provide meter readings, and then do this once a month, that way you dont get any catch up bils, and the estimates you get should be much more in line with usage.

As for looking at the rates for your region etc, Ill get on that when in the office agin tomorrow buddy :)

£250 a month for gas and electric :scare:

My BG bills arrived this week:

£59 Gas

£139 Electric

And they are for the quarter!!! :blush:

Bet your 'fuel' bills topped that by some margin when you had the Lambo ;)