Gutted over tyres.

shieldsie

After so much thinking, debating, reading the site info and advice, I decided to order Toyo TR1 from Camskills, has so many on here. The tyres got delivered last week wednesday after waiting 4 days. I was so pleased that thinking I would get them fitted today. On taking them to HiQ for fitting, the manager inspected the tyres prior to fitting and pointed out 1 of the fronts had a problem with slight bend in the beading and explained it cant be fit, and it requires returning to the manufacturer / supplier, and replacing. I am devastated. Dont know what the sitution is now with Camskills changing this. Anyone else here had any issues or can put my mind at rest telling me it should be fine.

I hope so. At present I have the Toyo` on the back and the Bridgestones on the front. This has truly spoiled my weekend. I like the Z in top condition and this to me is not good! I didnt even bother to put the z dus caps back on!! I have emailed Camskills has no answer to phone. Wait and see what response is. Never been in this situation before. :thumbdown:

just same as anything else you buy that's faulty, you are protected by the consumer credit act. Don't be devastated just ring them and ask them to organise a replacement at their cost! I'm sure they will be reasonable. :thumbs:

I hope so. At present I have the Toyo` on the back and the Bridgestones on the front.

Please be very careful driving like that, especially with brand new Toyos on the back. The rear will have a noticeable tendency to want to overtake the front, and in all honesty I wouldn't drive it like that unless absolutely necessary, and even then I'd granny it.

Camskill have a legal right to take the tyre back at their own cost and replace. Just make sure you take plenty of photos before in case they decide to argue the toss when the tyre comes back, as I've never heard of a Toyo with a beading fault.

Toyo T1Rs are a superb tyre and I am very surprised that you have got a dud.

You will have no issues with Camskill and if you do, let me know and I will give you an introduction to Toyo who will sort this out immediately for you.

As stated previously be very careful with the Zed on mixed tyres.

Alex.

Cheers all. I feel better this morning after reading the advice. I will get a second opinion today and pictures. It is slightly bent in 2 areas. It isnt fit, and the HiQ manager refused out right to fit it, which I`m glad really. I`ve used their service a lot, has my Dad did when in the truck business.

Has for driving it, OMG. I wish I read these comments yesterday. It is very unstable, and has commented the back wants to be at the front. Dont Know if Camskills is open today for phone calls, I must check internet site. If not will call first thing tomorrow, but I have sent email.

Once again, I appreciate your comments.

glad it all got sorted,

be aware that even when you get toyo's all round the handling is going to feel really funny for the first few miles, once they have been properly scrubbed in they should be fine. looking at around 300 miles to get all the release agent off.

I contacted Camskills this morning and they have already got the replacement Toyo on its way, due delivery tommorrow. I can smile again now. :yahoo:

Nice one bud. As Rich says, give it a few hundred miles to scrub the tyres in before starting to push it. Rears can be done by turning off TCS and going for a drift :lol:

I contacted Camskills this morning and they have already got the replacement Toyo on its way, due delivery tommorrow. I can smile again now. :yahoo:

Nice one bud. As Rich says, give it a few hundred miles to scrub the tyres in before starting to push it. Rears can be done by turning off TCS and going for a drift :lol:

Don't do it if the roads are wet :scare: