VXR8 photoshoot! V8 power baby!

djtimo

Just a few shots from a photo shoot i did for a mate who's just picked up his new VXR8! Amazing car and 13K off list price is to good not to buy one!

Here's the pic's.. Comments welcome.

_DSC0170-1.jpg

_DSC0174.jpg

_DSC0181-1.jpg

_DSC0191.jpg

_DSC0202.jpg

_DSC0203.jpg

_DSC0204.jpg

_DSC0205.jpg

_DSC0208.jpg

_DSC0211.jpg

_DSC0214.jpg

_DSC0216.jpg

_DSC0218.jpg

_DSC0240-2.jpg

_DSC0240-1.jpg

Hope you like the pic's :blush2:

Think i prefered the shape of the old Monaro personally, but after seeing that banshee like Bathurst on TG it did look (and sound!) the business too. :thumbs:

I took quite a few Monaro's and GTO's for a fang when I was initially looking at my Zed. They look alright, heaps of torque, they're just so heavy and a bit wallowy. Certainly make the Zed look extremely agile. Not bad looking motors, but they stopped making them. It was just like being back an old marque for a little while as the original Holden Monaro's 20 years or so ago.

Out of curiousity, are the Monaro's & VXR8's high steal items in the UK now?? Very high steal rate here unfortunately, for the underclass. :headhurt:

Almost full with a range of 174 miles!!! :surrender: Thats nuts

I wonder what size tank is on that car ? crazy mpg's :scare:

I thought that too :scare:

They look alright, heaps of torque, they're just so heavy and a bit wallowy. Certainly make the Zed look extremely agile.

Blimey, they must be a right old fat porker to make the Zed look extremely agile :lol:

Vauxhall won't be doing any more of these. They have no plans to get any more. The HSV Clubsport R8 has been out for quite a while in Australia, nearly time for them to have a new model, we'll maybe have those in a few years.

About a month and a half ago Vauxhall had circa 120 sat at their holding compound and at various dealers.

The deal took off and after two weeks, all the manuals were gone (that's the cheapest one, auto is a £1,395 option).

Now we're struggling to get hold of any auto's. We've (my dealership) have got the last one we can get our hands on. It's a Bathurst in Red Hot (not a Bathurst S).

We were selling manual VXR8's for £22,888. When they'd all gone, Vauxhall gave us a bit more money off the auto's and we were able to do those for £22,500.

A hell of a lot of car for the money, I was highly tempted when the deal first came out but I decided against it.

A VXR8 just isn't me, far too practical, and IMO, it's not a looker like the 350 is.

It seems to me that it's one of those cars that's fast, and that's it. It doesn't make me go weak at the knees. With the 350, you don't have to be going fast for her to put a smile on your face.

Stick with your 350's people!