Wow! Schumacher to return to F1

Rentech

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see it happening to be honest. His people are saying that he won't be coming back. Not sure he would be up for it half way through a season. I wouldn't want my reputation of champion being tarred by coming back as a stand in driver.

+1 - and thats what I've heard too.

I can't see it happening to be honest. His people are saying that he won't be coming back. Not sure he would be up for it half way through a season. I wouldn't want my reputation of champion being tarred by coming back as a stand in driver.

it has been confirmed now, he is coming back :thumbs:

it has been confirmed now, he is coming back :thumbs:

Then we really will see if the car is any good or not.

problem is, if he doesnt do very well people will inevitably start sayin was he really that good or was it just the car as his cars off pace now and he's not winning etc/etc

The car is @*!# James ;)

problem is, if he doesnt do very well people will inevitably start sayin was he really that good or was it just the car as his cars off pace now and he's not winning etc/etc

The car is @*!# James ;)

Where did Raikonen finish in the last race? Like all the really great drivers they know what is needed in set-up & I'm sure his input can only help to get the best out of the car.

Any one else thinking publicity stunt? I hope its not, would love to see schumi up against Hamilton and Vettell but its 4 weeks till the next race and a lot can happen in 4 weeks. He's only said that he would stand in for Massa is needed. He would probably put Raikkonen in his place lol.

Great to see him back if he is fit enough, but please forget about him having any chance of winning a race. Not going to happen. :)

I hope i dont regret saying that. :lol:

As you are a betting man, I say £20 that he does win a race, providing that is he does take part in all the remaining races this season. You up for that ;)

Great to see him back if he is fit enough, but please forget about him having any chance of winning a race. Not going to happen. :)

I hope i dont regret saying that. :lol:

As you are a betting man, I say £20 that he does win a race, providing that is he does take part in all the remaining races this season. You up for that ;)

Your on Colin :thumbs::#1:

Yep a Ferrari was second in the last race Keith but Hamilton won with a fair bit in hand ;) Ferrari are not developing the car unlike Mclaren and the others. ;)

but please forget about him having any chance of winning a race. Not going to happen. :)

Thats a bold statement. If it was some two bit ex-champ like Velleneuve I'd agree, but you can't write off pedigree like Schumachers. If he gets onto the first two rows of a starting grid you never know.........

but please forget about him having any chance of winning a race. Not going to happen. :)

Thats a bold statement. If it was some two bit ex-champ like Velleneuve I'd agree, but you can't write off pedigree like Schumachers. If he gets onto the first two rows of a starting grid you never know.........

Yes it is, almost as bold as you saying Real wont win anything this year with their signings ;)

But he wont win unless the others fall off the track. The ferrari is not quick enough and neither are the team developing it. So i stick by my bold statement. I think the signing of Schumacher as an alterior motive behind it anyway ;) It might keep a certain guy off the booze and out of the lap dancing clubs for the rest of the season. :)

Dont get me wrong its great to see him back and i hope we get some excitement from it especially with Hamilton but i cant believe he will be quicker than Kimi in the same car. :)