2010 ZED EURO-TRIP TO NURBURGRING!

jerry3167

Guys,

Thought I would put a feeler out to see if anyone would be interested in a EURO-TRIP to the Nurburgring next year. I dont think this has been done on the forum as a group event, but I would like to go myself.

As you all know the "RING" is the ultimate track to test your car`s abilities, and just once while I have her, I want to get a good lap time!

I am going to search out the best prices on Ferries etc

Comments and interest here please!

Jerry :thumbs:

Id so be up for this! Could meet you up in Calais for the road trip to the ring? Was supposed to have stopped there on my bike trip this year but as it turned out didn't...

need to fix the limiter before then :bounce:

Great idea. Cheapest ferries are from Dover to Dunkirk with Norfolkline

http://www.norfolkline.com/ferry/?campa ... 4wod5m5wWw

Would be great to head over with a huge convoy.

Not always true mate. Advance boking is the Key and as a group we might get a discount if chanelled properly :thumbs:

I'm in for this as i will be going anyway B) but will be fun with fellow zedders

:clap:

Anyone know if there are packages on ferry and accomodation?

:headhurt: guess you can bring a package if you wanna...

;) I'd say you can do a group buy with a company if you get a few cars together... I know that the ferry from Rosslaire to Cherbourg is somethimes pretty pricey... :cold:

I am intending on going next year.

Some of my mates are interested in coming with me, doubt they would be welcome with our lot? Civic type R EP3, Evo 8 and Focus RS.

What's everyone doing for insurance..... or is that a silly question ;)

Some of my mates are interested in coming with me, doubt they would be welcome with our lot? Civic type R EP3, Evo 8 and Focus RS.

Read about this the other day, could be worth checking out?

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=20312

That insurance sounds like a no brainer to me.. 100 a day for 8 laps sounds cool to, see it as a 12min session * 8. Wonder what the inspection would be like 35€ probably means 30min checkup. They would probably do a group deal too :band:

That insurance sounds like a no brainer to me.. 100 a day for 8 laps sounds cool to, see it as a 12min session * 8. Wonder what the inspection would be like 35€ probably means 30min checkup. They would probably do a group deal too :band:

Did you read the discussion as well - seems like it's as much use as a chocolate radiator as far as third party cover is concerned, only covers armco damage.

Did you read the discussion as well - seems like it's as much use as a chocolate radiator as far as third party cover is concerned, only covers armco damage.

:dance: 6k cover as described in one of the comments for 130€... I did think that 3rd party wasn't needed, looks like I need to read up a bit more on this so. trackday in ireland and uk = you get crashed into tough!

It doesn't count as a track day at the ring on public days; it is a public road and German motor law applies and you have to have 3rd party insurance. Your insurance company will sue you for any claims made against them (in the majority of cases) as they have clauses against the Ring. It could get expensive if you cause damage to another vehicle/person due to loss of oil/coolant/bad driving etc.

Make sure you read up thoroughly on it.

Having said that, it is a brilliant trip and the circuit is great for the experience, just be very careful!