clutch in the way out!! standard or uprated?

Hi! I am new to the forum and am looking for some advice please. I seem to have killed the clutch in my Z and am wandering whether to go for a standard clutch or uprated one? I live in Nottingham and will also need someone reliable to fit it for me, any ideas?

uprated clutch is apparently better i think exedy is the reccomended replacement to stock.

PM zmanalex i think he supplies the kit ready for fitting, and i have a feeling he's not far from you for fitting as well.

lol does he live near Perth? thats about 400miles away :doh:

Hi! I am new to the forum and am looking for some advice please. I seem to have killed the clutch in my Z and am wandering whether to go for a standard clutch or uprated one? I live in Nottingham and will also need someone reliable to fit it for me, any ideas?

Exedy Clutch Kits available for next day delivery :thumbs:

Also lightened aluminium Helix or Fidanza flywheeels good to go.

PM for details if I can help further. :)

Cheers,

Alex.

I can vouch for the zmanalex special. I am using the Exedy Clutch and Fidanza flywheel bought of him about 6 months ago and since install has been faultless.

The L&B flywheel allows a bit quicker reving - but slight increased noise due to it being a single mass - I love it though

Clutch is perfect, nice and light and grips much better than OEM.

Dan

I can vouch for the zmanalex special. I am using the Exedy Clutch and Fidanza flywheel bought of him about 6 months ago and since install has been faultless.

The L&B flywheel allows a bit quicker reving - but slight increased noise due to it being a single mass - I love it though

Dan

more noise :scare: it must be quite a hard change with no dual mass to smooth the transition. i dont know if i'd like that more

Dan

more noise :scare: it must be quite a hard change with no dual mass to smooth the transition. i dont know if i'd like that more

Yes you would :lol: the benefits far outway the very slight extra noise. :thumbs:

Dan

which specific kit did you get Dan?

is it for street only use or could it handle the occasional track and day to day back end wiggle?

is it a huge difference between Exedy OEM replacement and Exedy stage 1, would the exedy stage 1 be to much for street use and occasional track?