Blackberry Bold or IPhone?

Gurjeet

iPhone :thumbs:

Blackberry is a bit iffy for business email unless you have Blackberry Enterprise Server installed, and even then you cannot accept things like shared calender invitations etc. But if its not for business use, I guess its down to personal choice ;)

I have used a few Windows based handsets and they are very frustrating to use for simple things like text messages etc but I got an HTC Touch Diamond when they came out and due to it's TouchFlo 3D interface it makes it very easy to do text messages, make phone calls etc and I would never change it for any other phone, especially an iPhone.

I even have TomTom Navigator 6 installed so with the inbuilt GPS device I just stick it in my Ipod drinks holder and it works a dream.

Plus with it still having Windows installed there are millions of little apps you can install.

I think the iPhone is over-rated but a good marketing trick - having bought an iPod touch for the wife I'm discusted that they now want money for an O/S upgrade (pushed on the iTunes interface every time i connect on the PC) to enable what they forgot to put on it originally.

I use a Nokia E71 for connection to the corporate email (Outlook) and all of my diary. Works great except the Vodafone Sat nav keeps getting lost within a mile of my destination :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Same as Digsy for me. I got an Iphone 3GS about 3 weeks ago. Ive never been that bigger fan of touchscreen phones, and thought that the Iphone was a little too "gimmicky" for me.

The thing is just brilliant. It works smoothly, and even with my sausage fingers I can text on it faster than any of my previous phones touchscreen or not. The applications are useful, finance updates, email and web browsing is good on it too - the safari browser is just great. I can navigate websites on it with ease, and no pesky stylus needed either. (something I dont particularly like with the Samsung Omnia for eaxmple).

Prolly a bit biased....

tripleshot.jpg

Had mine since they first came out in the US.

Learnt how to "persuade" them to be useable on any network too :teeth:

Currently running 3.0 FW on my 2G iPhone with no problems.

Network hacks are easy aparantly - but dont you lose some functionality?