Rarerims 19" Rota GTR Group Buy Thread

ben@RARE RIMS

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Would it handle properly with 19x10 front and rear?

2) Would it look right, i.e. would the fronts stick out too much?

3) Would the front arches need rolling, especially if lowered, with 19x10 on the front?

10s on the front would probably fit, but there really is no benefit to be had from it. You can get plenty of tyre on the 9s, and they fit well, and look good.

The reason for really wide fronts on the 18s was to get the concave spokes, but the 19s have this solved by all being concave. You would just be spending more money for no benefit, and possibly disadvantage of a little more weight more tricky fitment and possible but not certain arch issues.

I would strongly suggest sticking with the staggered fitments. :thumbs:

1) Would it handle properly with 19x10 front and rear?

2) Would it look right, i.e. would the fronts stick out too much?

3) Would the front arches need rolling, especially if lowered, with 19x10 on the front?

10s on the front would probably fit, but there really is no benefit to be had from it. You can get plenty of tyre on the 9s, and they fit well, and look good.

The reason for really wide fronts on the 18s was to get the concave spokes, but the 19s have this solved by all being concave. You would just be spending more money for no benefit, and possibly disadvantage of a little more weight more tricky fitment and possible but not certain arch issues.

I would strongly suggest sticking with the staggered fitments. :thumbs:

Yeah, I don't think I'd want the hassles and the standard 19x9 fronts look good enough for me! :thumbs:

We have Bronze and Black with rep lip still here in stock ready to go.

2 lucky people have bought and paid for their silver with polished lip versions, and they will be getting them this week.

We have 2 pairs of 19x9s if somebody fancies them... due to a slight shipping error.

It'll be 4 weeks before we get more silver with polished lips. We have white ones coming in 2 weeks.

We may well be able to take the Rays in part ex :) I'll have to work out what they're worth to us, but I'd hate to insult anybody with them by making a low offer... I'll look in to it :)

Apparently the Rays are popular on the SXOC if that helps?

Will the 19" GTR's be stocked sort of 'forever' if you know what I mean?

It's just, I want a set of these wheels but my standard 18" tyres are fairly

new and I'd rather wait a little til they're about done.

And at the minute, I'd really miss £1,300 out of my bank account!

I'd be gutted to miss these, but if they're an on going stock item, I'll just grab a set a little later!

It's worth noting the group buy pricing is only valid this time round... and will not be held forever. There will be exciting offers in future, but not for a while! We have now sold all the black with red lip GTRs, so have just got the bronze ones left until our next container arrives in a week of so.