Thieving Scum

TheOracle

Some thieving scum has had 2 of my shiny Z valve caps away :angry: Ok, its only 2 valve caps but nevertheless, very annoying.

Anyone know if the locking type caps are any good or are they likely to damage the thread of the valve. The only ones I've found so far are on fleabay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-3 ... ccessories

Any other suggestions??

it'll be kids. As ashamed as I am to admit this now, but as a kid we used to take the really nice ones off and they became some sort of collectors things between kids (god knows why, we just did). I remember someone taking a Ferrari's and sold them for £5 each to some other kid at school.

When your younger you just think its a tiny worthless piece of metal stuck on a wheel and someone will replace it for 2p, however as you grow older you realise the shame and expense. :doh:

OR

It could well be that a load of pikey's turned up in their 'banging' Corsa's and Vectra's saying 'init' a lot with baseball caps, noticed you didn't have cheap plastic ones and took them to go one their well 'sick' motor. :rant:

That's why my Volk/Rays valve caps don't go on the car, got some cheap alloy ones from my local tyre fitters for free.

Volk/Rays valve caps will only go on for shows and meets :thumbs:

I know where to get some more now then ;)

That's why my Volk/Rays valve caps don't go on the car, got some cheap alloy ones from my local tyre fitters for free.

Volk/Rays valve caps will only go on for shows and meets :thumbs:

I know where to get some more now then ;)

There is a custom alarmsystem with my valve caps..........me with baseball bat in hand...waiting :lol:

Some thieving scum has had 2 of my shiny Z valve caps away :angry: Ok, its only 2 valve caps but nevertheless, very annoying.

Anyone know if the locking type caps are any good or are they likely to damage the thread of the valve. The only ones I've found so far are on fleabay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors

Not had any problems with my Z valve stem caps...... dare I say it yet. Still there a year and a half later. They were a pressie, from what I understand they came from Fleabay.

black plastic is the key!

I used to nick metal lorry trailer ones when I were a lad..... We put them on our bikes. We were cool! :teeth:

Bet you had a bit of card on the spokes too didnt you?? :teeth:

Or a crushed coke can on the tyre! Every biker has to start somewhere!

Allways remember when i went to thorpe park with the girlfriend, had some nismo ones, on my rays when the zed was standard, got out of thorpe park didnt notice, drove home and stopped at the serivces, then bang, i clocked on :lol::bang::rant::angry: .

Just bought some off ebay £2 or something like that with postage, metal ones, look pretty B) , ebay is your answer or a cheap bike shop ;)

I had all my valve caps stolen aswell, first two went then then second two! So I invested in some lockable Z valve caps from ebay, quite cheap aswell think they were £4, and they have still managed to stay on so far! :thumbs:

Before I got the Z, My Civic Type-R had its JDM WIND DEFLECTORS worth £120 stolen from it off my Drive! :rant::angry: The f**kers left a load of tools around the car, and had tried various sockets on my wheels too, and thats outside my house on the drive FFS :angry:

Have just installed CCTV and A little surprise for the next person who fancies their chances...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Thanks for the advice. I have fitted some of the Richmond silver ones from Halfrauds.

Yesterday, when I returned to my car after work, the little F*****s had obviously been back and thought MM MMMM, more nice shiny valve caps to thieve; I knew they'd had a go as the brake dust on the wheels had been disturbed (I hadn't washed the car purposefully so I could check :blush: ). Would have loved to have seen their disappointed faces when they realised their attempts were futile :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: