Another NMGB classic c*ck-up

Ekona

A few weeks ago I noticed that my Rays are bubbling, so I took them to Glyn Hopkin in Bishops Stortford who took one look at them and agreed that they should be replaced under warranty. A week later I get a phonecall from them saying that NMGB have approved the warranty claim, and to set a date to come in and get the wheels swapped over. That day was today, so I left the truck at home and drove in with the roof down and the stereo up first thing this morning, and left the car with them.

You can almost guess what's coming next, can't you?

Yup, I got a phonecall a few hours later and the wrong wheels turned up! :lol: Even though they ordered them by the chassis code (don't forget, mine's a UK GT) they still ended up with a set of GT4 wheels rather than the Rays, sent courtesy of NMGB! :bang:

Nothing against the guys at GH here at all, they've always been fantastic for me when getting stuff sorted and they were genuinely embarassed, but when Nissan themselves can't even work out what wheels came on my car when the previous owner on the V5 was NMGB themselves, it really does make you wonder. I laughed the whole thing off, got the handbrake adjusted FOC whilst it was there and took the long way home in the sunshine, just waiting for the next phonecall to find out when my wheels will actually be in! :D

So you couldn't just run with the GT4 wheels???

My rays claim was turned down as the wheels were kerbed (not by me!) although all the bubbling was half way up the spokes.... bloody Nissan!

I would have gone for the GT4's!!! And then done a swap or sold them!!

Oh and your car could have had GT4 wheels on at Nissan if they had swapped them over! Not unknown so their records may have shown it had GT4's! May have been swapped back before you bought it!

Sadly only three of the wheels are bubbling so I'd have been left with an odd wheel, besides which I vastly prefer the Rays to the GT4 wheels. The detail on them matches the car, and I wouldn't want to lose that.

Car definitely never had GT4s on, was used by a dealer manager as a company car and I very much doubt he'd have spent the money to get the car from NMGB like that himself! :lol:

My rays claim was turned down as the wheels were kerbed (not by me!) although all the bubbling was half way up the spokes.... bloody Nissan!

Interesting, all three of my wheels are kerbed (don't ask!) yet they were happy to replace them.

Sadly only three of the wheels are bubbling so I'd have been left with an odd wheel, besides which I vastly prefer the Rays to the GT4 wheels. The detail on them matches the car, and I wouldn't want to lose that.

Car definitely never had GT4s on, was used by a dealer manager as a company car and I very much doubt he'd have spent the money to get the car from NMGB like that himself! :lol:

Interesting, all three of my wheels are kerbed (don't ask!) yet they were happy to replace them.

Maybe it was just the dealer then as I had a emmmmm falling out with them resulting in an exchange of words which ended in me not wishing to part with cash for them to look after my car and them not really wanting my business..... :lol::lol: