Parking sensors...

smokedog

...why are they so rare on 350z's?

I been trying to find a 2nd hand Z with parking sensors and its not easy. I had a test drive in one and rear visibility is so restricted. Put a spolier on the back and you can hardly seen anything.

Heated seats, headlight washers...bah... I rather have parking sensors.

...why are they so rare on 350z's?

I been trying to find a 2nd hand Z with parking sensors and its not easy. I had a test drive in one and rear visibility is so restricted. Put a spolier on the back and you can hardly seen anything.

Heated seats, headlight washers...bah... I rather have parking sensors.

I can help you with this as I have a brand new genuine Nissan 350Z parking sensor kit available including templates.

Over £300.00 from the dealers

My price £110.00 delivered.

So get out there and get the car of your dreams.

Alex. :thumbs:

I can help you with this as I have a brand new genuine Nissan 350Z parking sensor kit available including templates.

Reversing sensor kit NOW SOLD :thumbs:

Great!... Serves me right for posting... next time I'll keep my mouth shut.

I think I found a solution, Parking Dynamics PD1 B)

http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/

Only £70 and getting good reviews.

I wonder if this the kit that Big Phil was trying last year? More info at this link:

http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/Vehicl ... namics-PD1

It's certainly very similar to the one he was looking into. I think there might be an issue with the crash bar on the Z. I notice that this website includes an option to insulate the crash bar from the vehicle body.

I would definitely be interested in this solution if

a) Someone could confirm whether or not the crash bar is an issue, and

B) I could stop the b***** beep that comes on automatically every time I engage reverse gear at the moment (it's a JDM thing!) :rant:

I think I found a solution, Parking Dynamics PD1 B)

http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/

Only £70 and getting good reviews.

I had to take the rear bumper off last night in order to fit my "clear" rear light that I put in the oven the other week, and after reading about the parking dynamics sensor in this thread I thought I would take the chance, so I ordered it Sunday night and it turned up tuesday morning. Really simple to fit and wire up and works like a charm - the polystyrene pad over the crash bar insulates the sensor wire from the metal work by much more than the 3cm recommended in the installation instructions so no issues there.

I was going to go with two sensor wires (supplied in the kit) but it said whilst it would increase the range it would also increase the number of false alarms so didnt bother. The range is fine with just the one but I would be interested to see what its like with both fitted. The "brain" is hidden behind the trim at the back of the boot and the speaker wire runs up under the rubber trim at the side of the hatch all the way up to the side of the drivers seat and sticks with a little sticky pad.

Mate that helped me has been a vehicle auto electrician and installer for 20 years and hadnt seen these before and was very sceptical about whether they would work, so we tested it by me reversing at his legs and it beeped a good 5ft from his legs :thumbs: All in all a good cheap and tidy solution :yahoo:

This looks very good - now I am seriously tempted.

As said before, though, I would really have to find a way of killing the existing reverse beeper before I could contemplate installing this system. I know it's been asked before, but does anybody have a clue as to how to get rid of it?

I had 2 kits (4 back and 2 front) installed for £380 inclusive of the installation fee and VAT at Sparks & Sensors in Kirkham (which took half day). They were initially painted, then fitted under the plate. There is a tiny black button for the front ones at the bottom right of the control pannel. The back ones switch on automatically when in the reverse gear. So it helps a lot as they beep once when you change it into the reverse gear.

Fabulous work. Can't be without now. Recommend Sparks and Sensors also! :#1: