De-Restricotr by HKS for Z33

rik

Hello chaps,

i might have a source that can get me the HKS SLD if you are interested in de-restricting your Z?

If your interested let me know, they should be around £260-00

Rik :drive1

Is there no other way to de-restrict the zed than buying these devices??

coops

A unichip or other piggy back (or even stand alone engine management system) should also allow you to de-restrict but if you are just interested in removing the speed limit then you will need this.

I didnt realise the UK ones were restricted?

Thats roughly what i have heard before 170mph. Can't remember where. I always drive at 70 of course........... :drive1

BULL SHHHHHHHHHHH................

Not bull at all. My zed is delimited and was still pulling at 166 but I ran out of room

If this is the case then why isn't there more people buying these? Why spend thousands squeezing a tiny amount of power out of the engine and still only being able to hit 155mph, when you can buy this de-restricter and go at warp speed :teeth: on the track obviously :drive1

If this is the case then why isn't there more people buying these? Why spend thousands squeezing a tiny amount of power out of the engine and still only being able to hit 155mph, when you can buy this de-restricter and go at warp speed :teeth: on the track obviously :drive1

I would say that for anyone going on the track regularly it is a must to have it de-restricted (if it really does open up another 30 odd mph)

Most everyday drivers and mod boys arent really in it for the top speed (I stand back and wait to be slated if im wrong) but I know for me personally I mod mostly for looks, noise and maybe a bit of extra torque. I cant imagine when Ill be getting the car up to 155 through everyday driving let alone 170.

For JDM's I guess its also a must as they are restricted much lower. Im taking a different route to the HKS though.

For JDM's I guess its also a must as they are restricted much lower.

My JDM Honda Prelude was restricted to 113mph, added a J-Spec VTEC Controller and the car was derestricted.

Same thing with my old imported Honda VFR400 NC30, was limited to 112mph, until I derestricted it.

The JDM limit at 113mph is the law in Japan.

How hard is it to fit one of these? TBH - I don't fancy playing with the ECU soldering bits and pieces and mucking up the whole car. :doh:

Would it be best to take it to someone who knows what they're doing or is it pretty much plug and play?

Edit: I know the JDM cars are limited due to Jap law, however the UK ones are probably limited due to warranty / hardware issues. Taking a car over its 'peak' speed with original parts could surely damage certain components as the pressures are much greater? I'm sure many of you knows wayyy more than I do regarding mechanics, however I'd of thought Nissan would put a restriction on for a reason - not because they feel like it (they know how much the car can realistically take with few issues).

If you push the car even harder, then you may need to upgrade other parts (hence why mega tuned monsters cost so much)

How hard is it to fit one of these? TBH - I don't fancy playing with the ECU soldering bits and pieces and mucking up the whole car. :doh:

Would it be best to take it to someone who knows what they're doing or is it pretty much plug and play?

Found this and yes, it's a splice harness job, unless you get a piggyback harness thing like the guy did in this thread.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/83619-how-in ... encer.html

Found this and yes, it's a splice harness job, unless you get a piggyback harness thing like the guy did in this thread.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/83619-how-in ... encer.html

I think most of what you need was covered in this thread, although I think that the actual UK installation guide was only available from Big Phil if you contacted him directly. Not possible now, I'm afraid, unless anyone else on here has kept a copy of the guide.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9086&hilit=KHS+speed+defencer&start=15

Hello chaps

I belive the best way to fit one is to solder the kiddy on, you get some kind of connectors for it but you dont know how good the connection will be !So always best to solder! I really dont know what the car will do after you have fitted this but i can get more info and post it on here in a few days!

Rik

Hello chaps

I belive the best way to fit one is to solder the kiddy on, you get some kind of connectors for it but you dont know how good the connection will be !So always best to solder! I really dont know what the car will do after you have fitted this but i can get more info and post it on here in a few days!

Rik

On my car the HKS SLD is just spliced in and its been fine for a couple of years now.

(I'll take a pic of it in a few days time if you want to see how it should look)

Unless you find a straight that is a couple of km long you wont hit 155 let alone keep going till the Zed runs out of puff. IMHO there is absolutely no reason to have this on a UK car apart from bragging rights or taking on the German Autobahns.

Now on a JDM limited to 112mph its a totally different story as on most tracks you'll hit that easy :thumbs:

Unless you find a straight that is a couple of km long you wont hit 155 let alone keep going till the Zed runs out of puff. IMHO there is absolutely no reason to have this on a UK car apart from bragging rights or taking on the German Autobahns.

I did manage 150mph at a undisclosed UK public location...was going for the limit until a bend in the road approached...

I did manage 150mph at a undisclosed UK public location...was going for the limit until a bend in the road approached...

Proves my point about 155 then :lol:;)

I might be going crazy but isn't this device for JDM zeds lifting the 113 mph limit and not uk cars and the 155 mph limit?

When I was on the TG runway, the zed got to about 140 pretty quick but then took an age to get to 155........170 would take about 10 miles with the wind behind you etc etc

Also, aren't these mods usually about £170?