De-Restricotr by HKS for Z33

rik

I might be going crazy but isn't this device for JDM zeds lifting the 113 mph limit and not uk cars and the 155 mph limit?

That was my understanding, Sarnie.

Also, aren't these mods usually about £170?

Sounds about right from memory.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello chaps,

i might have a source that can get me the HKS SLD if you are interested in de-restricting your Z?

If your interested let me know, they should be around £260-00

Rik :drive1

for manual or auto. They do two different types

Not only that but speedos arent really that accurate at that speed. My old JDM used to read 121 when it hit the restrictor but it was actually only 112.

Yeah my JDM reads 121 on the clock when the speed cuts out. I thought it was weird too but I also have a GPS speedometer in my car which record my max speed too. I went round and round the high speed bowl at Millbrook doing top end foot flat to the floor. When I was finished I checked my GPS speedo and it said my max speed was 121 so now I dont know what to believe :wacko:

Not only that but speedos arent really that accurate at that speed. My old JDM used to read 121 when it hit the restrictor but it was actually only 112.

Yeah my JDM reads 121 on the clock when the speed cuts out. I thought it was weird too but I also have a GPS speedometer in my car which record my max speed too. I went round and round the high speed bowl at Millbrook doing top end foot flat to the floor. When I was finished I checked my GPS speedo and it said my max speed was 121 so now I dont know what to believe :wacko:

God knows then :wacko:

I'd trust the GPS I suppose :thumbs:

God knows then :wacko:

I'd trust the GPS I suppose :thumbs:

Yeah Id like to think the GPS was accurate but its also speed dependant it seems. When Im doing 30 on the cars speedo the GPS is saying around 26, same at 40 the GPS says around 36 or 37. But when I took the car to max on the speedo which is 121 the GPS also says 121.

Ive given up trying to figure out what speed Im doing :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
I might be going crazy but isn't this device for JDM zeds lifting the 113 mph limit and not uk cars and the 155 mph limit?

That was my understanding, Sarnie.

Also, aren't these mods usually about £170?

Sounds about right from memory.

Any idea where I can one of these for £170, restrictor is doin my nut!!

I never use the speedo, rather I use the electronic guage in the dash pod, I have tested this against me Garmin Zumo and the speed on it is accurate to 1mph...

You really need it derestricted if going to the continent, feck, even Picasso's sit ton plus on German roads... If only they knew what was underneath them... :shutup: