Total loss..........suggestions?

sunset350z

What you've been offered seems pretty reasonable to me.................when the loss adjustor is looking for comparables they will ignore the colour so will be seeing all the GM/silver cars available with similar mileage for £9k +/-

I also doubt that they will be informed enough to know that the cars at the cheap end of the market are lower spec imports etc.

I would expected them to offer you something horrendus like £6k. At least what they have offered you could get you straight back into a uk car of similar spec without you needing to put your hand in your pocket :thumbs:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of getting the car back to break for spare parts. Still got the fujitsbo exhaust and Hks sports cats fitted. Also the DBA front discs and ferodo pads all round which haven't seen more than 2000 miles!! There's always someone on here needing bits of interior trim etc,so i thought rather than the car dissapearing it could benefit other members as a donor car. Just an idea ;)

Just been on the phone to my insurers, and basically they will review the offer if i can show them about 4 or 5 cars of the same age and spec to mine.

So far i have looked on autotrader, pistonheads and ebay, are there any other places to look or not?

Autotrader is probably your best bet as you are looking for the most expensive examples you can find. PH will be cheaper I would guess, so not the best. Not sure eBay has any examples? What about Nissan official used cars? They will be THE most expensive out there ;)

So far i have looked on autotrader, pistonheads and ebay, are there any other places to look or not?

maybe exchange and mart. nissan dealers websites.

what year and spec was your car?

will point out similar cars if I come across any :thumbs:

Hi Steve, as has been said I'd try and get a bit more out of them and then start looking to see what you can find. If you can't find anything decent for that amount, use it as evidence to send to the insurance company to get the money up.

There are plenty of decent looking cars for sale though bud, at least there will be the excitement of a new car. :)

Thanks again guys, as i've mentioned before my z is an '04' GT model with close to 80,000 miles on the clock. FSH and meticulously maintained.

I'll have a good search this weekend, and send them an email with links of similar zeds for sale.

Just a thought? Is there any merit in maybe drafting a letter to the company from us (as in the owners club?) Surely if anyone can give an accurate appraisal of a Zed's value its this group of no hopers! :lol:;)

what do people think? Who are the legal guardians of us Zed children?(mods?) :D

Just a thought? Is there any merit in maybe drafting a letter to the company from us (as in the owners club?) Surely if anyone can give an accurate appraisal of a Zed's value its this group of no hopers! :lol:;)

Great idea but we may be a bit biased :lol:

Great idea but we may be a bit biased :lol:

Nooooooooooooooo what us? ;):teeth: It works with classic car clubs when you need to ascertain a cars value for Classic insurance purposes or to tell DVLA your car was built before 1973 to get free tax!

Why not get forum members that own sunset zeds to put ads into Autotrader at higher than normal prices and then take the ads down after a week....

prolly not the most legal way of helping, but you know...community spirit and all....

pure genius :clap:

Why not get forum members that own sunset zeds to put ads into Autotrader at higher than normal prices and then take the ads down after a week....

prolly not the most legal way of helping, but you know...community spirit and all....

Give this man first prize :#1::lol: