I won't fit your tyres

Anubis

Hey folks,

I just got told by my brother (so god knows if this is true), that many garages refuse to fit tyres if I get them from the internet on my alloys because of something to do with their insurance policies. Is this true? They're very good quality tyres (Goodyear F1's).

Loads of you guys buy good quality tyres from places like blackcircles and get them fitted. Do you get any hassle?

I would of thought handing over £40-£50 for a 20 min job, loads of garages wouldn't say no (I wouldn't).

If you find a good tyre fitter they should have no problem. The garage I used to do mine (TGM Sport) advised me to get them from Camskill as they are cheaper than he can get them trade!

Get on black circles and see who they have down for your area and pay them a visit :thumbs:

Most of my local tyre/exhaust places wouldn't fit tyres or zorsts bought elsewhere. I ended up selling on some Toyos that I bought from Andy simply because I was struggling to get them fitted.

Blackcircles have a list of local places who will take delivery of and fit the tyres. :thumbs:

They should use a machine with rubber or plastic heads ad ideally plastic coated bars. If the operator knows what they are doing there is nothing wrong using metal ones but is safer to use rubber/plastic. They should ALWAYS change the valve at every tyre change as well unless you have metal valves installed.

I am ordering my tyres at trade, cheaper than Camskill :scare: after loads of phoneing around so they should be with me next week and the local ATS is fitting them for me. They were very happy to do the work even when i expressed the wheels ment the world to me they said there machine has a rubber thingy on the end so no chance of scraping the rim when puting the tyres on the alloy's.

Fingers crossed :)

Hey folks,

I just got told by my brother (so god knows if this is true), that many garages refuse to fit tyres if I get them from the internet on my alloys because of something to do with their insurance policies. Is this true? They're very good quality tyres (Goodyear F1's).

Loads of you guys buy good quality tyres from places like blackcircles and get them fitted. Do you get any hassle?

I would of thought handing over £40-£50 for a 20 min job, loads of garages wouldn't say no (I wouldn't).

In my experience, everyone has a price ;)

In my experience, everyone has a price ;)

Exactly. I've never found it a problem, my biggest problem is how much they ususally want for it. Anything you save in getting the tyres from elsewhere is usually discounted by them charging extorionate amounts to fit and balance - I've heard £20+ a corner before! :thumbdown:

Hi.

I used event tyres for my re040's and they were the cheapest and came to me to fit.. they balanced them well.. only thing they don't do is tracking..

I would definately recommend event tyres in the Manchester area.. V.Good.. and they fitted my spacers whilst changing the tyres..

The guy knew his stuff..

Hi.

I used event tyres for my re040's and they were the cheapest and came to me to fit.. they balanced them well.. only thing they don't do is tracking..

I would definately recommend event tyres in the Manchester area.. V.Good.. and they fitted my spacers whilst changing the tyres..

The guy knew his stuff..

I had Event do some tyres for me. The actual fitting was fine but they messed me around over the appointment so that I waited in for a morning and they failed to show.

I had Event do some tyres for me. The actual fitting was fine but they messed me around over the appointment so that I waited in for a morning and they failed to show.

Sorry to hear that, my appointment went to plan but i suppose it varies depending on the specific person they send.

Most places dont like to fit own supplied tyres not for insurance reasons (just an excuse) its because they make a huge profit on their own supplied ones and hence make sod all money on fitting.

Had my Falkens fitted at Kwikfit locally and the manager was really good about it - did a first rate job - he admitted they could'nt even think to match the internet price I paid for them. So yes they will charge you a bit more for fitting and balancing.

They would be stupid to turn you away as its loss of business but more to the point your likely not to go there again - well thats my policy anyway!

My local garage charge ten pounds a corner, then again I get bulk discount :lol:

Mores the point, do they get a chance to find time to do anyone else's tyres - dare we ask how mant £10's you have paid :lol:

ps: won't tell Liz, promise