1. 1. Which do you prefer

• Twisties
    • Straights
    • mixture

Well jay and i are doing the usual and arguing about whats more fun,

so we thought to post it up here.

so what do you prefer,

Twisties to test you cars handling and your capabilities as a driver,

or straights, to test how fast your car can go?

my vote is for twisties, as straights bore the complete hell out of me.

My point is that you need a good mixture to really test the car out. I like a long open straight leading me into some nice twisties, then it opens out again. If its either one or the other i feel its boring, So the poll should be ammended to OR A MIXTURE. Lets face it if ur just twisting all day at fairly low speeds, it aint much fun :thumbs:

My point is that you need a good mixture to really test the car out. I like a long open straight leading me into some nice twisties, then it opens out again. If its either one or the other i feel its boring, So the poll should be ammended to OR A MIXTURE. Lets face it if ur just twisting all day at fairly low speeds, it aint much fun :thumbs:

will try to ammend it, but who says twisties are slow?

I like a mixture of proper twisties and more open bends and some nice strights thrown in. I think they call it a race track :lol:

What are you asking though, whats more fun or whats best to test a car? As Jay seems to be talking about testing a car but the original post is about whats more fun. Twisties are the most fun bit, but you need a mix to keep it interesting ;)

I love a good cloverleaf when getting on or off a freeway. Love to push the limits of adhesion. Also love the straightaway when entering a freeway......... I love hearing my Z at WOT. All of this is dependent upon one thing..........it never fails I get behind a truck :bang::bang::bang::drive1

my vote is for twisties, as straights bore the complete hell out of me.

You will not be bored on the straights Thursday night. ;):lol:

Sounds like he needs his brown trousers on :lol:

A good flowing road with some gradient - the A832 between Achnasheen and Kinlochewe for example - as the 2008 Hooners who stayed with the pack will recall :teeth:

P1040279-1.jpg

Definitely a combination. Especially with demanding Kiwi roads, especially in the backblocks. Often narrow, very windy, tight, interesting road surface with out volcanic soft soil, fun, but then a bit of straight is a nice reprieve. :D:drive1