4. hotrain69 - red - plain - PAID

5. JT1703 - red - plain - PAID

6. Jim - black - plain - PAID

7. Maccaman - Orange - with silver dots - PAID

8. BRO-T - red with silver dots

9. Rory - red - plain - PAID

10. Boosted=z black - plain

11. Captain Anonymous - Red - plain - PAID

right all is adjusted and current, well done everyone so far for getting cash in on time.

just waiting on 2 now. ;)

ok people this current one is now closed as the money and items are now in the exchange period.

if you want to start a new list of people who want a rear badge please do.

i'll include the 2 that weren't on this buy and i'll let it run into august; as it gives people a new payday.

1.Bro-t - red - silver dots

2.Boosted=Z - Black - Plain

Is the chap going to do these in batches then from now on or can they be ordered as and when? Just for reference for newer members that might fancy them :thumbs:

i need to double check, the first lot was a batch, but he made enough and more than was required, so theoritically it should be possible to do them in 1's and 2's. will need to clarify with rob.

the GB was more to get enough people to make it worth while in the first place.

i think he is going to try a likwid art version of the standard zed shape, and then possibly look at wing badges when time permits.

All items have been posted today, they should go on the monday morning and should be with people on the tuesday.

the 2 that asked for recorded deliveries will need to sign for their items, enjoy. :thumbs:

will try and get some fitting instructions up on here for people ASAP

All items have been posted today, they should go on the monday morning and should be with people on the tuesday.

the 2 that asked for recorded deliveries will need to sign for their items, enjoy. :thumbs:

will try and get some fitting instructions up on here for people ASAP

nice one :thumbs:

*************************************FITTING INSTRUCTIONS***************************************

PART 1

REMOVAL OF ORIGINAL BADGES

the badges are held on with a double sided adhesive foam but does come off fairly easily, this is how i would remove them, its down to the owner to take responsibility for doing this don't come back on here and blame me as all modifications are done at owners risk.

1. using a hair dryer heat up the badge and the section of bodywork that its sat on, this will loosen the glue and make it easier to remove.

2. at the same time as heating up the badges you have 2 options for removal

option 1

use a piece of fishing line like a saw, use a side to side motion to cut through the foam tape.

option 2

use a flat head screwdriver with a cloth over it to gently prise the badge off. (if you use this method becareful not to scratch the paint work the cloth should stop this but just take care.

3. once the badge is off you will be left with a glue/foam residue i used a cloth and meths/lighter fluid to remove the foam residue. this will take a bit of time but it should remove it all.

4. i used a clay bar, polish and wax combo after this to fully prep the area before fitting the new badge. its up to you at this point to what you use or how much you do.

5. the car is now ready for fitting.

PART 2

FITTING THE NEW BADGE

1. carefully peel off the wax paper backing

2. i used a knife to gently rest the badge on, i haven't pushed it on hard as i don't want it to permenantly stick to the knife. its more to be able to hover it in place to line it up to where you want.

3. with the badge on the knife you can now find the best location for your badge, make sure it is square, lined up and covers all the holes.

4. when your happy with the location press in place. take your time at this point as if you get it wrong you can't just peel it off and re do it.

anyone who want to do some photos and add them to the guide are more than welcome ;)

hope this helps

May I make a suggestion for Ver.2.0 of the LikwidArt badge, if I may of course.

Why don't you add two little lugs on the back of the badge that go into the holes?

That way it saves fiddeling about and minimizes the chances of sticking it on crooked, especially if they are hard to remove.

Would the LikwidArt badge be able to be removed via the hairdryer method, seeing that it's made out of plastic?

May I make a suggestion for Ver.2.0 of the LikwidArt badge, if I may of course.

Why don't you add two little lugs on the back of the badge that go into the holes?

That way it saves fiddeling about and minimizes the chances of sticking it on crooked, especially if they are hard to remove.

Would the LikwidArt badge be able to be removed via the hairdryer method, seeing that it's made out of plastic?

lugs are a nice idea, but not something that rob is able to do with these, as for removal, yes they will come off with the same method as the OEM badge, but you would need to find a new adhesive tape to put on.

Rob at likwid art asked me to post this for you lot to hope fully answer any questions:

Please post the pictures attached on the forum to show the guys how to position their logo's. There's no need to have positioning "lugs" attached to the logo's to get them in the correct position if they follow the diagram/pic attached - the logo's are supplied with the backing paper as marked out with the Black line in the pics surrounding the shape of the badge. Also please tell them that if anyone wants a logo, or if they have any questions, to call me on 01922 645938 or mobile 07866 784434, or email me on rob@likwidart.com. It has been mentioned a couple of times that Likwidart badges are made of Plastic! - plastic is a cheap material that does not last/endure for very long - Likwidart badges are made of a complex material that is comparable in strength and durability to Chromed Steel! - if not more so!! - definitely not as basic and simple as Plastic!

fitting2.jpg

fitting3.jpg

**Notice to admins**

is it possible to have this thread split, and keep all the info on buying and fitting on here, and start a separate thread for peoples opinions, and after fitting photos because at 17 pages its getting hard to find all the info and important bits. looks to be a mammoth task sorry. i didn't want it just pruned and peoples opinions delelted as i think its important and people are entitled to there views. its what makes the forum interesting. :thumbs: