A quick thankyou

Madmarky

Just a quick thankyou to all those who stayed with me to help out with my car after the accident especially BulletMagnet your a legend. To let you all know im fine and home in one piece now just feel a little battered and bruised. The car is at a lock up in Dartford at present, i will get in contact with the insurance company tomorrow first thing and hopefully can get it repaired quickly. For those that are unaware of tonights preceedings i basically had some sort of freekish accident coming off a roundabout. We had just been through a huge puddle and i entrered the roundabout at only 40 ish but the back end stepped out like i was on ice. I manged to control the slide but then hit grippy tarmac and the traction control activated and i played pinball off of 2 barriers finally coming to rest on a crossing. Im sure there are some more photos of the accident floating around but heres one i took :surrender:

accident_800x600.jpg

Thanks again guys

Mark

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear you both got back home safely.

Like others have said, the main thing is that you both are unhurt.

The car can be repaired, not so easy with people some times.

Hope everything will work out and the car gets repaired in no time with the least if hassles.

Glad you're OK - the car will fix up fine.

Make sure you get a medical check-up, because the effects of whiplash and other similar spinal injuries can be masked for some days before you realise you have suffered. You will only be entitled to compensation through the insurance if you have medical evidence.

Did actually go to feel the surface by hand, and it was quite smooth/slippery.

I was right behind Mark when it happened and it was strange the way it suddenly broke out.

Mark caught it, which looked normal, but then it went all weird and broke the other way.

Afterwards when talking to Mark, it turns out that after he caught it and hit grippy tarmac, the traction control decided to step in.

There was nothing Mark could have done at all.

The car was actually completely airborne for a second, at which point I presume Darren bumped his head on the roof.

Most bodywork damage is on the front, sides and rear seem to have gotten away with it.

As to any damage that is non visible is yet to be established, but on first glance it looks like steering is buggered to a degree, rear camber arms, possibly front suspension struts and all the wheels have been damaged.

Thanks for the kind words guys, just got up and feeling very stiff, just about to phone the insurance company and find out what needs to be done. The car is fully insured on a like for like basis so there should be any probs getting it all fixed up, just a pain in the arse. Will keep you updated.

Really sorry to hear this Mark! Bullet is a hero!!

I bet those wheels wont be cheap? If you end up needing any suspension parts, steering rack, panels etc give me a pm.

I hope the insurance sort it quickly for you and that your back on the road soon :thumbs:

Really sorry to hear this Mark! Bullet is a hero!!

I bet those wheels wont be cheap? If you end up needing any suspension parts, steering rack, panels etc give me a pm.

I hope the insurance sort it quickly for you and that your back on the road soon :thumbs:

I cannot take credit for helping, everybody that was in the group going to Thurrock services stopped and helped, Darren-B tried contacting a local recovery service while Mark didn't have any joy finding a number for his insurance claim section, everybody helped get the car off the road to avoid any other accidents, everybody stayed to offer moral support.

Once it was established that recovery was gonna be sorted people went about their way.

I only stayed to make sure both Mark and Darren were picked up.

We did score a packet of "Sparta" ciggys off a passerby that was short 11p for the toll.

We did score a packet of "Sparta" ciggys off a passerby that was short 11p for the toll.

I AM SPARTA!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah everyone was great and i cannot thank them enough. Have contacted the correct insurance company now and they are gonna get someone to inspect it. Fingers crossed they dont write it off but you know how lazy these insurance companies can be nowadys when it comes to fixing things. Lets hope for a quick turnaround else im gonna miss the Wales trip for a 2nd year :surrender: