Sooo annoyed!!!

hotrain69

so annoying, usually so careful but today for reason am just having a bad day. driving to pub for lunch, saw a speed bump which looked relatively high but thought can do it slowly. went up slowly and front bumper scrape noise was incredibly painful but worse was to follow when the zed clunked on the bump. either the underside of the car or the tail bit of the exhaust. if it's the underside i'm really worried about it denting something like the exhaust pipes!!!!!

haven't heard anything at the moment so hoping it's ok. car is due a service in may so will ask them to check things out. is anything likely to have been damaged?

that's making me feel alot better. usually so careful so this first time was definitely a shock to me. but seems like since there's no noise now and no bits falling off i'll be ok. was going to look on the bright side by the fact that it could've been perfect excuse to get new exhaust :lol:

I have a problem with speed bumps, surly they should be designed so that you can go over them at the speed limit for that road...for example a 30mph road with speed bumps should allow you to go 30mph over them safely and comfortably and not 10mph

To be honest its a noise I have got used to. I scrape the underside quite often. To date I have been pretty lucky apart from smashing a cat whilst hooning around Scotland.

+1

Ive currently got a majorly scraped underside lip, my undertray is hanging off, my y-pipe has a huge dent in it, the gasket between the mid pipe & back box is blowing a bit & my back box hits most speed bumps :lol:

To be honest its a noise I have got used to. I scrape the underside quite often. To date I have been pretty lucky apart from smashing a cat whilst hooning around Scotland.

I hope a catalytic convertor and not the animal otherwise that sounds very bruital!

I hope a catalytic convertor and not the animal otherwise that sounds very bruital!

My mate caught a cat in mid jump and it was hanging onto the front grill of his car, when he stopped, it jumped off and ran away.

I have a problem with speed bumps, surly they should be designed so that you can go over them at the speed limit for that road...for example a 30mph road with speed bumps should allow you to go 30mph over them safely and comfortably and not 10mph

Totally agree. Only problem being if you're in a big repmobile you'll not notice speed bumps at 40mph (so I've been told!) an in the 350z it doesn't really matter what speed you're doing it's going to hurt.

The best thing they could do would be makes the bumps so they are flush with the road and have them raise up if a car is going over 30...

Sounds expensive but I think we all pay enough tax to cover a few million of them. :dry:

speed bumps are "suppose" to be only put there to make you slow down to the speed limit. They say they are made so you can go over them at the speed limit. The legal limit for a speed bump is 10cm (3inches), any above this is illegal. I can tell you that where i live and up the town there isn't one that is less than or meets the 10cm height, all above and by a good bit. I cant even drive around the town, have to park outside the town and walk in. Nightmare!

the speedbumps are massive up here in scotland, and in so many awkward places, they should be dug up. my girlfrend was driving my skyline to lunch, with me in the passanger seat, and attempted a speedbump and her normal pace in for her car (fiat punto) and snapped my bumper in half. gutted :bang:

I know how you feel, but it sounds like you should be okay. We have speed bumps in the streets around us, and they're a pain in the ar$e. They are the twin hump type ones, and there are always parked cars on one side of the street making it impossible to go through the middle of them, and straddling one causes a fair amount of scraping of the exhaust. So we have to do a kinda half-on-half-off swerve manouevre at about 2mph :headhurt:

My mate caught a cat in mid jump and it was hanging onto the front grill of his car, when he stopped, it jumped off and ran away.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If I don't slowly back down my driveway every morning I scrape the front lip of my Zed. Once in a while I'll be in a hurry and remember too late. That scraping/crunching sound is awful.

My neighbor has the same issue but his cars are rubbish. I think he tries to rip his front clip off.

I have taken the paint off the bottom of my front bumper pulling into tesco petrol station this weekend. It's a horrible noise, i nearly shat meself.

That combined with the stone chips is starting to really bug me. My front bumper looks like it has some weird disease =(