Pics from the body shop (Finished!!!!)

nurrish

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see what it ends up like. Couple thoughts..

Would it not have been better to remove the spoiler to paint it? Same with the bonnet as getting a nice smooth edge is always going to be hard with it shut down like that.

Also how have you gone handling the shut between the tailgate and roof will just be the factory colours with a nice join line - would be a lot of hastle to go to for the extra smoothness.

Funny, I was looking at the pics thinking, why isn't the spoiler being removed!

You know what?

Looking at the pics WITH the masking covers on...has anybody thought of doing a two-tone with the upper colour fading into the lower?

Prolly have to be either airbrush or something, I dunno.

Other than that, looks like it's coming along nicely

Hey Dave, looking good B) but i have a sneaky feel you really want a kuro zed like mine ;)

i would have thought you would spray the eyebrow and airducts too tieing everything together :thumbs: the carbon theme is quite distracting now.

anyway i am looking forward to seeing it in flesh next week......remember our meeting :boxing:

tell your uncle he can do me a full respray anytime :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Not bad, not bad,

How come you have a double air intake on your bumper on an 05 model? Am I missing something obvious like an engine transplant? :blink:

I think Nurrish likes the screenwash chilled....... :lol:

Its a proper job and has had 3 layers of lacquer and has been baked!! I actually went and saw it yesterday at the garage and to be honest from the pictures i was'nt too taken back by it........but after seeing it in the flesh i was pretty happy. The finish was impeccable and the black has a fantastic effect. But once the pillars are on and the wind mirrors it should come together nicely.

Those coming to wales will see this and then will be the time to appreciate the awesomeness of it :lol: I like being different and unique and i'm happy.

It was done at my uncles place and im sure i can get people in there for a reasonable price too.

Dont worry bennett i havent forgotten just name a time and a place :teeth:

Its a proper job and has had 3 layers of lacquer and has been baked!! I actually went and saw it yesterday at the garage and to be honest from the pictures i was'nt too taken back by it........but after seeing it in the flesh i was pretty happy. The finish was impeccable and the black has a fantastic effect. But once the pillars are on and the wind mirrors it should come together nicely.

Those coming to wales will see this and then will be the time to appreciate the awesomeness of it :lol: I like being different and unique and i'm happy.

It was done at my uncles place and im sure i can get people in there for a reasonable price too.

Dont worry bennett i havent forgotten just name a time and a place :teeth:

Look forward to seeing it bud, i actually really like it B)

Looking at it now i think you should continue the black down the back from the inner tips of the lights down and on the front from the inner tips of the lights too.

It certainly is individual now, you'll have to let me know when you pick it up so i can have a proper look :thumbs:

Where is your uncles garage?

Not sure about it sorry :blush:

I think you need an aggressive looking car to pull that sort of scheme of properly :blush:

Its alright mate i knew it wouldn't be everyones taste but i did it to suit my tastes. I dont mind your views :thumbs:

Once i've got it back ian we will meet up and you can go over it with a tooth combe :lol: my uncles garage is in yardley

The black looks stunning, but with the Silver it gives me the impression that its unfinished...like halfway through a respray (When I read what you was to have done I thought the Black would fade into the Silver). Did you consider using carbon fibre instead of spraying it black?

Looking at it now i think you should continue the black down the back from the inner tips of the lights down and on the front from the inner tips of the lights too.

My first thought was the upper surface of the front wings should be black. May look a bit odd otherwise. :blush:

My first thought was the upper surface of the front wings should be black. May look a bit odd otherwise. :blush:

+1 but the black does look B)

Nurrish you should get them to paint your wheels, so you have the same black on the body as well as the wheels. That could look fairly smart :thumbs:

Thats the next stage mate :thumbs:

P.S I appreciate all your comments :teeth: keep em coming

But i honestly think when the pillars and the mirrors are back on it will win some of you over :lol: if not i shall be having my own wales meet on me tod :lol:

Also i did know that this isn't going to be everyones cup of tea but who dares wins aye??? :lol:

The black looks stunning, but with the Silver it gives me the impression that its unfinished...like halfway through a respray (When I read what you was to have done I thought the Black would fade into the Silver). Did you consider using carbon fibre instead of spraying it black?

I'd consider the carbon fiber look but i would of been looking at £1800 + for what i wanted so compare that to the £400.00 what iv'e paid (I haven't even paid its a birthday present from the mr's and mum and dad) Maybe in the future id go carbon fiber bottom half B)