Mini Newbie needing advice

Helllloooooo,

ZZzzzzZZZZ hate doing these but still.....

I am Chantelle, 21, West London ....Cooper S :)

Right vital stats out of the way on to wondering where i can find some good sensible advise (non drifters pllllease- LOL) :boxing:

I am looking for a 350z but i'm not sure if i should post my query in here incase you guys miss it???What do you recommend new thread somewhere else or just waffle in this one???

Thank you please!!

Chants xxx

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helllloooooo,

ZZzzzzZZZZ hate doing these but still.....

I am Chantelle, 21, West London ....Cooper S :)

Right vital stats out of the way on to wondering where i can find some good sensible advise (non drifters pllllease- LOL) :boxing:

I am looking for a 350z but i'm not sure if i should post my query in here incase you guys miss it???What do you recommend new thread somewhere else or just waffle in this one???

Thank you please!!

Chants xxx

Welcome aboard, Chants! :thumbs:

Don't be shy - everyone's very friendly here! Either post up on this thread or start a new one - I promise it'll get answered. No question too daft! :)

Hey welcome to the forum! There are a couple of nice cars for sale within the forum so have a look in the for sale section. As for you cooper s get it on Pistonheads as its free to advertise there. If u get a zed u will be the youngest female zed owner on here :D

Jay :)

Oh wow, hi everyone!!! **waves**

OOOOO youngest person with a Zed on here, thats makes me sound a tad spoilt but i am sooo ubber excited.

Right my story begins.....

I have a cooper s 2003 all spec'd up (on engine though), she runs about 280 bhp but i am starting to out grow her and although i can throw money at her it just seems so pointless now and my partner is telling me to move on :scare::scare:

So anyway few engine problems have made me goo eek so i am now getting my backside into gear and test driving. Now i have dabbled with the idea of 120d, or 2.0l tdi Sline but then i started looking at little 2 seaters :) so the Z4 coupe and then ...bammmmm the 350z fell into my lap.

I started doing bits of research on the car...and gauging what i would want. But i started getting a little confused so decided i would pop down to Nissan to for some quick advice....HOW UNHELPFUL THEY WAS!!

Anyway I love the nismo .... but hell thats way to expensive. I think my budget is going to be around the 10K-12K mark :( know its not much but i have seen quite a few around the 9-9.5K area :)

Whoooops waffling..... Anyway I see the Gt package...but what does that have?? One car i saw today had Brembo brakes and a Bose system and built in Satnav ....ticked so many boxes apart from the cost :(

I know they are RWd so alot different to FWD hence why i want to road test one...but Nissan have turned around and said i might be too young..even though i am on a traders policy ...arghhh i think its 25?! So now thats another problem becuase i need to drive it to know i like it....

Right anyway ....my partner mentioned they are a tad sluggish ...(he drives an RX7 - drifter person) but i dont want lots of speed ut i like a good pick up and hey what person doesnt like to play sometimes against other cars :) (i sound lame but sometimes some lame blokes thinks he knows it all pulls up next to me and revs his gay loud exhaust and then steps on it...little does he know what under my bonnet :lol: ) Anyway whooops waffffle......

Right.... So i want to know if i would enjoy this car ...is it nippy??? also alot of people have mentioned a turbo conversion but that would be way down the line but i just want to know costing :)

Right the spec i would like so far:

Black, White or the really really nice blue!!!!

Leather heated seats

Less than 40K miles

2004 or younger or 2003

Sooo advise please???!!! Will i be able to see over the steering wheel?? LOL

Chants xxx

:welcome:

Ask away.

If all the 'awesome street racer drifters' come out their box they'll get put straight back in it! :boxing::lol::lol::lol:

My hero!!!

I was going to ask Driftworks...but then i know i would get weld the diff...turbo it......hydro brake....

Nurrish- i am not very normal... the other half drifts and is currently building an S14 for me to learn in but i love going in the car with him nutta!!

Oh oh and bikes.. you can't forget bikes!!! Yeah so not very normal unfortunately :)

Welcome to the club :thumbs:

You should be able to get what you're looking for at that price just about. Probably a UK car too.

It is pretty nippy, will make your Mini feel a bit more luke warm hatch. The Zed is deceptively fast, makes a great noise and looks great. It certainly isn't sluggish. They're not light cars but they have a 3.5l V6 up front to push it down the road!

If you can get to a meet near you I am sure a member will happily take you for a drive down the road. :)

12k should be able 2 get u a nice zed, its a buyers market so get looking lol. The zed is a quick car but it is a bit on the heavy side. Tell ur bf to behave as the zed is a much better car than a rx7 :lol: The gt pack norm comes with brembos, leather seats and cruise control i think. :)

:welcome:

Theres a few young-uns on here about that age, at least sub 30s anway, and I'm only 26 :)

First off check out the many FAQs on the forums, that will answer your questions on the different specs and also give you the names of the import versions if you come across any imports on your travels.

As for Nissan, yes they are useless! Most of them deal with Micras day in day out, so what do you expect lol! They are also pants WRT test drives. Although ring around and you might find somewhere. I was told <25yrs old cant test drive them (I was 24 when I got mine), but Dan Perkins in Slough let me. So keep rining around or try a private sell, they may let you drive it if you bring proof of the trade insurance.

The car can feel a bit slow, but its all very deceptive. We had a recent thread on it. As the torque curve is so flat, there is no burst of power so you dont feel that kick to get off a turbo/supercharged car. You are going quicker than you know if before you realise though. I was at a RR day with the MLR on Satuday and you'll be amazed at the amount of respect the uber flat Zed torque curve got compared to their laggy turbo graphs :teeth: It is a heavy car and will no doubt be slower than the Mini you have now, but its much more a cruiser and very capable at higher speeds than hot hatches and the like. And you can tell your other half that at least with a Zed you dont need to fill it up with oil every 5 minutes :lol:

Get out and drive one and you'll see why we love it :drive1

Can i be the first to request some photos of you in your Zed when you get it :D

I'm trying to bully my sis to get one, she is 22 and her insurance quote wasn't too bad actually but it all depends on postcode.

p.s - get a black one B)

It is pretty nippy, will make your Mini feel a bit more luke warm hatch.

A 280 bhp Mini - I doubt the Zed will make that feel luke warm Rob! :lol:

Easy, the power will actually get on the road and you won't be torque steering all the way down the road doing twice the mileage as the Zed driver! :p:drive1:lol:

This sort of guide should help you out with your decision. :)http://motortorque.askaprice.com/articl ... budget.asp