kitchen care... sooooooooo off topic it's unbelievable!

Stew

Ok, had my glossy kitchen in for a while. It's bright red and black but being black it's a nightmare to keep clean!

Anyone have a gloss kitchen and if so what do you use to keep it clean? I'm very tempted to try a wax on them but not sure!

I'm sure at least one person can help! I am seeing some swirls (not kidding) so want to minimise this too.

If you are too embarrassed to reply to a kitchen cleaning topic then feel free to PM me a solution!

:blush: sorry.

Im a kitchen Installer :yahoo:

do you need something to get the swirls off ? t-cut gets scratches off the gloss doors and worktops, i have never tried or heard of anyone putting wax on them but i dont see why not

depends what the material is, but all the gloss finish kitchens i've heard of can be a bitch to keep clean and apparently scratch really easy. same as granite can be an arse as well. there are advantages to cheaper laminate finishes. :blush:

gloss doors and laminate worktops and a pain to keep shiney and a micro fibre cloth is the best thing to buff them up, but just like car paint they become swirled.

granite is in a different league to laminate and is very tough, it can also be polished using the right equipment but probably will only need done every 5 years if properly maintained, need to watch as granite is porous and that red wine can actaluut stain it if not clean up straight away.

i have started fitting corine/encore worktops which are very good as they are a type plastic resin compound and can be buffed and sanded very easily and the joins are more or less invisible

Cheers Paul, I wondered if you'd know actually as I knew you fitted kitchens.

Well I guess I'll maybe use a really mild polish (T cut would be too aggressive I think) and then I'll try some wax......

I use microfibres to wipe it down so will continue to do so!

Well I guess I'll maybe use a really mild polish (T cut would be too aggressive I think) and then I'll try some wax......

yeah t cut is aggressive but its works for scratches and something milder would be good for a general clean

yeah t cut is aggressive but its works for scratches and something milder would be good for a general clean

Cool. I'll give it a go! It'll be fun I'm sure. Just think when the weather is bad I'll be able to detail the kitchen instead of my outdoor toys! :lol:

Stew, remember that kitchen work tops etc are a lot harder than car paint, so t-cut wont be too abrasive for them.

Think you need to book them in for a full correction :lol:

Cara will be on soon :lol::boxing::lol:

You're walking a fine line... :dry::lol:

Stew, have you tried a very weak solution of washing up liquid and (good old-fashioned elbow grease here) buffing/polishing up afterwards with your microfibre cloths?

Failing that, how about a small amount of glass cleaner, again buffed up?

Alternatively, sugar soap is very good for kitchens (fab for grease and dirt) but I don't know if this would be too abrasive for gloss units.

Stew

I have a shiny kitchen and I don't bother with any of the products just use E-Cloth system.

Thick microfibre cloth damp for wiping it down then a thin glass polishing cloth just buffs it to a complete streak free gleaming finish.

Just google e-cloth. :thumbs:

P.S brilliant on the car as well.

Edit: and remember I am the girl that got the oil smell out of your washing machine so trust me!