New F1 rules explained - quite interesting

IanS16

I'm confused, how can you have a boost button with an extra 82BHP for overtaking if you do not have a controlled build engine which all teams all use.

If you do not have a controlled engine the how can you limit the boost button to 82 hp with any degree of accuracy????

Or have I missed the point???

K E R S is an electric boost system. I think it stands for Kinetic Enery Recovery System.

Under braking energy is stored up, and on pressing the "boost" button it goes back out via an electric rotor (Motor)? on the gearbox.

Apparently one BMW mechanic has already been electrocuted !!!

Sounds fun eh :teeth:

Curds :lol:

Look in this months Evo, its all explained in there :thumbs: Apparently one technician has already been electricuted by a "live" car :scare:

A decent moderator would have corrected my post instead of just mocking me :fishslap:

;)

I guess its just a self charging Prius with the engine and motor running at the same time then :wacko:

Curds :lol:

A decent moderator would have corrected my post instead of just mocking me :fishslap:

;)

I guess its just a self charging Prius with the engine and motor running at the same time then :wacko:

Why would I do that. I act in the best interests of the forum, and in this case it was funny so who am I do deny the forum of some chuckles ;):lol:

Back to being serious, I'm not sure we'll see this stuff at the start of the season. Evo were saying the kit weighs about 60KG which costs them naught point something of a lap and they were not sure if it was worth it. I guess if your car is quick enough to stay at teh front, why weigh it down ;) Might see it if the cars are competitive though :thumbs:

Apparently only BMW & Toyota are still pushing for K.E.R.S to be on the cars for this season.

So if Ferrari ain't backing it then it won't be on the cars (or should that be kers)

+1 tbh I was exepecting that. Looking at last season, if Ferrari and Mclaren are faster than the others then they wont fit it. The extra weight isnt worth it for a bit of extra boost on the straight. I can only see one or other fitting them if they arent quick enough on a certain track and need the extra boost down the stright :dry:

rear wing does look ugly but if it improves the overtaking chances I'm all for it. Some of the races last year were very dull.

There were some corkers though like the last few laps at spa and when Hamilton came from behind to nail Massa and Piquet in Germany, overall i enjoyed it last year and thought that it was one of the best seasons for ages despite all the meddling by the FIA. Should of kept it the same imo except changing to the slick tyres. :)