Average Mpg ?

CSC87

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, i will hopefully be getting my hands on a new car in May, and the ca i have always wanted is a 350z. So anyway just want to know what people average in Mpg, i have a works van so its only realy for social and i do around 8k a year but from reviews ive read the Z can be very bad on fuel. It will be 75% town driving and the odd blast here and there ;)

Thanks for any info you can give.

It's not good on town driving......

I budgeted on 20mpg average when I bought mine. I get about 24 if I'm just driving about. If I'm doing serious thrashing it drops.

As I don't do too much in the town I'll leave others to give experiences. I think 20 to 22 could be possible.....

When i first got the car i was getting around 17mpg, as the lads said if you boot it everywhere this is what you will get. however, i get about 20 now, have had 29mpg with "sub-urban" driving so it can be ok.

Agree with chris though, mine has been noticably lower in the cold!! Generally its to do with density of the air and the fact the engine takes longer to warm up, obviously using more fuel, hence why you use less fuel in the summer.

I haven't reset my computer for last 5 tanks of petrol and averaging 23.3mpg which includes day to day commuting and sitting in queues for about an hour a day rest of time is a mixture of town, A roads etc etc

Best I had was 36mpg on the motorway chilling at 55ish

On the hole zeds are not too bad if you are used to perfromance cars.

Worst I've had was 4.7 mpg after a monster thrashing session.

Short drive to work (4 miles) and general longer trips around, not light on the accelerator when I get a chance on longer drives and I am seeing around 19.5mpg at the mo. I did reach 18's when warming through the ice and snow last week. Oh well, the noise makes it all worthwhile :teeth:

Am getting 104.6mpg

But then I am just adding the numbers I put together in the last 4 "what mpg" posts....

:lol::lol::lol:

I think the search button is used pretty economically on the forum.....

High five????

Anyone?

It's about the same as my old Golf VR6 (2.8l) around town low 20's and about 33mpg motorway driving. Not too bad to be honest for a 3.5l. My Golf used to get about 36-38mpg on motorways so not a huge difference. The 350z has so much more mid-range torque and power than my old golf though.