Time for my monthly rant.......servicing this time!

Lexx

It would seem that on average I have something to complain about just about every month.

So here is January's instalment!

Thursday Morning last week - Due to the sad demise of ESR, I have had to look elsewhere for servicing. I called the garage I bought my Zed from to see what they could do. ONly to find they have gone bust.

So ended up calling Evans Halshaw in Cargo Fleet lane M'boro. Evans Halshaw have the monopoly of Nissan garages in NE, owning 4 out of 6 nearish to me.

So, I tell them I need a P1. all very helpful on the phone, and yes I can have a Courtesy Car no problem, just bring my Driving License with me. And yes sir, the Service technician will have a walk around with you so you can discuss issues and car condition prior to car being take in to the garage.

Oh, and that'll be £195 please.

So, aside form the cost, I was quite pleased with the treatment so far. Infact, after most of my dealings with dealers, I was overjoyed at how well it went!

Yesterday

Id rcvd a text on Sunday, just kindly reminding me about my service. So was still hopefull.

Got a call yesterday lunch, politely giving me the details of my courtesy car so that I could arrange my own insurance to cover it, at my own expense.

Er......no. Thats not how it works. Its called a courtesy car cos its couteous of you to give me one.

Oh, sorry sir, so do you wanna cancel the whole booking?

No, just the courtesy car unless I can drive it 3rd party.

No, thats not possible.

So I arrange someone to come through to the garage with me. to take me back home.

I arrive at the garage, where the service girl hands me keys to my courtesy car.

Eh?

I was told I couldnt have one cos I dont have fully comp insurance for it.

Oh no sir, if thats the case we just charge you £10 to go on our insurance for the day.

So why wasnt I told that yesterday/ Ive arranged for lifts now.

Oh very sorry for the confusion sir hehe.

ARGH!

Then she asks for my keys and says have a nice day!

Er....wheres the tech for a walkaround?

Oh we dont normally do that sir.

I was told that is the normal practice! So can I please see someone.

Eventually got someone to have a look around, and went off home.

Picked car up at half 2, all seems ok. And was surprised to find they only charged me £175 instead of £195.

Unfortunatly I made the ultimate error of forgetting to tell them not to wash her. So now its a half arsed wash, and Im dreading looking at her in the harsh light of sunlight (sometime in September I think!)

Ok, rant over. Thanks for listening if you made it this far!

So as usual....

dealers are wa**ers.

dealers are useless, i took mine in for a rattle for 1 1/2 days and they still have no clue, and while trying to find the rattle they took they car out and used nearly quarter of a tank, i did complain but got a blank look from the guy behind the desk, so i walked off, i could feel myself getting a little too angry

It would seem that on average I have something to complain about just about every month.

So here is January's instalment!

Thursday Morning last week - Due to the sad demise of ESR, I have had to look elsewhere for servicing. I called the garage I bought my Zed from to see what they could do. ONly to find they have gone bust.

So ended up calling Evans Halshaw in Cargo Fleet lane M'boro. Evans Halshaw have the monopoly of Nissan garages in NE, owning 4 out of 6 nearish to me.

So, I tell them I need a P1. all very helpful on the phone, and yes I can have a Courtesy Car no problem, just bring my Driving License with me. And yes sir, the Service technician will have a walk around with you so you can discuss issues and car condition prior to car being take in to the garage.

Oh, and that'll be £195 please.

So, aside form the cost, I was quite pleased with the treatment so far. Infact, after most of my dealings with dealers, I was overjoyed at how well it went!

Yesterday

Id rcvd a text on Sunday, just kindly reminding me about my service. So was still hopefull.

Got a call yesterday lunch, politely giving me the details of my courtesy car so that I could arrange my own insurance to cover it, at my own expense.

Er......no. Thats not how it works. Its called a courtesy car cos its couteous of you to give me one.

Oh, sorry sir, so do you wanna cancel the whole booking?

No, just the courtesy car unless I can drive it 3rd party.

No, thats not possible.

So I arrange someone to come through to the garage with me. to take me back home.

I arrive at the garage, where the service girl hands me keys to my courtesy car.

Eh?

I was told I couldnt have one cos I dont have fully comp insurance for it.

Oh no sir, if thats the case we just charge you £10 to go on our insurance for the day.

So why wasnt I told that yesterday/ Ive arranged for lifts now.

Oh very sorry for the confusion sir hehe.

ARGH!

Then she asks for my keys and says have a nice day!

Er....wheres the tech for a walkaround?

Oh we dont normally do that sir.

I was told that is the normal practice! So can I please see someone.

Eventually got someone to have a look around, and went off home.

Picked car up at half 2, all seems ok. And was surprised to find they only charged me £175 instead of £195.

Unfortunatly I made the ultimate error of forgetting to tell them not to wash her. So now its a half arsed wash, and Im dreading looking at her in the harsh light of sunlight (sometime in September I think!)

Ok, rant over. Thanks for listening if you made it this far!

So as usual....

dealers are wa**ers.

Westway Nissan in Birmingham managed to scratch my rims, rip my inner door card, get oil on the wings, washed my car and left it undried even though I told them not to, scratched the centre console and reconnected my AC incorrectly so that only 100 degree air came blasting out :rant:

I ony went back as it was convenient for work, but lets just say that they used to hate me coming in after that :blush:

Lexx, I got a better response from the Evans Halshaw at Darlington, did you try them?

Should of waited a week or two lexx and you would of been £85 better off :teeth:

Fletch

Does this mean there is an outside chance of me getting my car serviced by you at the end of Feb? :yahoo:

I am having an private garage doing mine and I know the guy has been fixing cars for 30 years so knows what he is doing and takes pride in it, not some kid on an NVQ ...... plus he likes decent cars and is interested in the zed so he can have my business!

I try to stay clear of Oxford Nissan but I know for a courtesy car they charge £30, I was shocked I could hire a car for the day cheaper than that

• 2 weeks later...
Lexx, I got a better response from the Evans Halshaw at Darlington, did you try them?

Should of waited a week or two lexx and you would of been £85 better off :teeth:

Fletch

Does this mean there is an outside chance of me getting my car serviced by you at the end of Feb? :yahoo:

How do you mean a better responce - beter service , cheaper service ?

and fletch how better off by £85 - are you in the N/east - do you know anybody who does servicing

Oh dear Lexx, I thought you might be giving Envy or Revolution a try as they are both in Newcastle and not too far away for you. You shoudl also be able to just wait for a P1 service as it doesn't take long - it is only dealers who want your car for a week.

I hate to worry you but do you know how the monkeys at dealers react when a good car comes in? They fight for a test drive and then rag the @rse off your car, and don't think they don't because I know people in the trade who tell me horror stories.

Fletch, you have a queue of trade coming your way!