An offer from Nissan…

MITZ@CougarStore

All, I have a serious request, one that was discussed with me yesterday in great length, so I’m putting it forward to the forum.

Nissan are after a Zed engine with mileage over 50,000, this could even be a Zed with mileage which is close to 100,000.

For your engine, you would receive a nearly new engine, which has covered around 9,000 miles, your engine would be swapped by a Nissan garage and on top of this, you would also receive a cash sum, which might be in the region of about £1000,00, again, this would need to be discussed as I’m only relaying information, which was discussed with me yesterday when I had the meeting with Nissan.

I’m asking both online and offline Zed owners, so if this is something that would interest you, please do let me know and I’m happy to forward on more information and put you in touch with Nissan.

Many thanks,

:thumbs:

Whats the reasoning to all this? there must be some kind of catch, other than being swapped by a Nissan garage?:headhurt:

Nissan need to send an engine to Japan, for testing etc, but for anyone interested, I can pass on the Nissan number for direct questions, as above, I’m only relaying information that was given to me… :thumbs:

I know someone with 122k on the clock so have forwarded link to him.

Unfortunately although my car has done 74k, the engine has only done 32k!!

Thanks for that… :)

Hope you’re well, we’ll have to arrange another local meet soon, preferably indoors this time… :thumbs:

I know someone with 122k on the clock so have forwarded link to him.

Unfortunately although my car has done 74k, the engine has only done 32k!!

:wacko: ??????

Replacement engine due to water damage ;) 32k on the new engine already John? :scare:

Hi, I'm new to this Forum - have been steered here by a ZClub mate. I own a 240Z track car and a 2004 UK 350Z (plus a Golf VR6).

My 350Z has done 100k + a few hundred and I'm genuinely INTERESTED IN THIS ENGINE SWAP!

Please pass on any details you can and I'll follow it up today.

Many thanks, Rob.

Hi, I'm new to this Forum - have been steered here by a ZClub mate. I own a 240Z track car and a 2004 UK 350Z (plus a Golf VR6).

My 350Z has done 100k + a few hundred and I'm genuinely INTERESTED IN THIS ENGING SWAP!

Please pass on any details you can and I'll follow it up today.

Many thanks, Rob.

Hi Rob, thanks for popping along, PM coming your way now… :thumbs:

Hi CS,

If you could pass on the details to me that would be great.

Thanks,

Matt.

I wonder if you get the 313bhp engine.... hhmm

I was thinking that!

What year is the swap engine? Mine is just over 60k miles, but tbh, I know it runs sweet as a nut, so would only swap for a 313 engine, because whos to say the engine they give you will be a good un? ;):teeth:

I dont think the 313 engine will fit,thats why the newer car has bulge in bonnet.

Spot on, the original bonnet wont accommodate the 313 engine... :thumbs:

As I said to another member earlier, I’d be inclined to put together a list of questions before making the call, even as a forum if you have any questions you yourself would put forward, please add them to the thread, so it’ll help arm our members when they call Nissan when finding out the details… :)

This is a little unnerving? Are Nissan using common or garden owners as long running testers? Surely they do at least bench testing to destruction or have test mules well before the engine see's its final destination in a specific model?

What if they have found a potential issue with the new 370 engine and are cross checking back to the older engines to see if there is a common fault? (Can you tell I am an X files fan!) :lol:

Tempting offer though?

i can't see it being a major issue,

one thing sites like this are good for is showing up major problems with a car, as people only tend to log on with a problem.

and with several people on high milage, and the number of memebers on here; a pattern would normally be visible now. this forum seems to know the main issues this car suffers with and most are pretty minor.

myself and ekona both used to be on the mr2roc forum where we started to see a mojor pattern of engines blowing due to a dodgy valve seal (there was large debate over the cause, but many believed the pre-cats to be responsible) this is something that toyota have only recently agreed is an issue, before that they denied it. and it was only because of the forums bringing it to the attention of toyota GB.

i would think it is nissan doing a live engine check, looking at one that has been used in normal conditions and not just sat on a bench tester.