Time for Brakes?

nurrish

Hey,

So my 2005 zed has just toppled over 10k. Would you recommend i change the pads for something a little better or just wait till my oem pads crumble?

Any guides floating around on the pad installation?

Any traders want to give me a quote for all 4 are more than welcome :teeth:

Depends on how you drive. If you're happy with the OEM ones then there's no point spending money just for the sake of it, however if you're finding the OEM lacking in bite, feel and fade (like I did) then by all means change them. The better your brakes are, the quicker you'll be able to go.

I swapped mine for a set of Performance Friction ones, and the difference was astounding. Cost was about £300 for all four corners.

I think any readily used pad is an upgrade. Some are a bigger upgrade than others.

I had EBC redstuff which were fine for the driving I did and much better than OEM. Ferrodo DS2500, Endless, Performance Friction, all upgrades.

I personally wouldn't change unless you need to. Unless you WANT to in which case get them ordered!

performance wise doing laps on a track or point to point you usually gain more time by increasing the distance before you need to brake and the traction/hanlding round/through corners, so a lot of people believe that the best performance upgrades to begin with are brakes/suspension*.

*this excludes zmanalex' 600bhp roadster :) although he has done the brakes id be suprised if that saved him more time than the 600bhp did :thumbs:

performance wise doing laps on a track or point to point you usually gain more time by increasing the distance before you need to brake and the traction/hanlding round/through corners, so a lot of people believe that the best performance upgrades to begin with are brakes/suspension*.

*this excludes zmanalex' 600bhp roadster :) although he has done the brakes id be suprised if that saved him more time than the 600bhp did :thumbs:

I'd still say £/second that his brakes and suspension were better value :thumbs:

Love to have a drivable 600BHP in my car though :drive1