Hello and happy new year

Hello. I recently moved the family from Merseyside to leafy West Oxfordshire so I decided that now, 1) I could afford to insure it and 2) not get it nicked during the night, to get myself a sports car.

I had a look at a couple of options but since I'm not a hairdresser the Boxster, Z3/Z4, TT & SLK were out. The RX8 has too many seats, ditto the Scooby and Evo (not to mention attracting the wrong sort of attention). The MX-5 a bit underpowered a TVR a bit overpowered (not to mention being made from Rover parts and plastic in a shed in Blackpool). So only one option seemed sensible yet mad enough and the Z got the vote.

I was hoping to have a budget of nearly £20k but the house sale fell through (renting it out instead) so I was on a much tighter budget. After looking at a couple of cheap ones (Some pups, some dogs) I happened on a gun metal, GT packed, Alezan leathered, Rays alloyed, Bose stereo'd, FNMDSH'd, 1 ownered, 54 plated, UK car. All for the princely sum of £8300.

Of course something had to be wrong with it. 106,000 miles, a few stone chips and scuffed/corroded alloys. But with a full Nissan Main Stealer SH, (including a P2 in September), a new clutch and a pair of new Bridgestone Potenzas on the back end all within the last month, plus 12 months MOT and 5 months tax I became the proud owner of....

Z013-1.jpg

Z020-1.jpg

Z014-1.jpg

Z019-1.jpg

Z017-1.jpg

Forgive war and peace^^^^^^^

Thanks for the welcomes. I've had explain to a few people that I'm not worried about the mileage. It's been serviced on time with no expense spared.

The guy who owned it previously was using the car as mobile office so most of the miles are motorway/ A-road miles. That's not going to put too strain on this sort of engine. To have done 100k in 4 years on country lanes you'd have to have the manic grin surgically removed.

The cosmetic bits also give me something to play with when the weather gets better. That's if I can stop going out in it.

Oh! That engine note. I even let Mrs swarf drive it so I can listen to it from the outside too.

Looks like you bagged yourself a bargain there :thumbs: Engines are bullet proof if regularly serviced and not thrashed. Only thing to look out for on higher mileage cars are exhausts rotting through if standard, brakes obviously, and suspension components, ie;- drop links, bushes etc Otherwise its a good solid reliable car B)