hello from a newbie :)

bhavin85

Hi all,

just thought I would introduce myself, im a newbie on the site thats looking to buy a 350Z.

Ive been having a quick look over the forum and seems like there are some fairly tastefully moded Z's on here so im looking forward to seeing them all :)

I currently drive Toyota Celica, see the pics below, but i think ive out grown the car! i got it when i was 19 and have moded the car to physically look exactly how i want but it lacks power! now that im gettin abit older i want somethin with more power!

CIMG5787.jpg

CIMG5792.jpg

CIMG5817.jpg

Ive got about 15k to spend on just the car and ideally id like a facelift (06 +) the 296bhp version, with a factory kitted Nismo kit and has to be a GT, but i guess you could only get the Nismo kit if the car was a GT spec? :unsure:

Thats probably asking for alot for 15k so I may extend the budget for the right car!

Im not in a major rush for the car so am happy to look for a few months to find the right 1 :thumbs:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

my celcia is a 140, I couldnt get anyone to insure me on a 190 so had to settle for a 140! its been a great car and i drive it almost 60 miles every day but think its time for something abit more fun :teeth:

Verma - what ever happened to Perry's car? i heard that some fella in ireland brough it....i was over at TRD.Celica.UK's place a while ago and saw that great rear bumper with the mesh that he made! what a legend :)

I can definetly see there are a fair few Z's up for sale at the moment, but cant find many Nismo kitted ones, that are facelift shape aswell!

Ive already got a few ideas for mods, probably going to go for the gold and black look as i think that would really suite the car, first mod will be something similar to these:

gt2-gunmetalic-full.jpg

second mod is going to be a 50 shot of NOS :) just for the added bit of fun :lol:

Verma - what ever happened to Perry's car? i heard that some fella in ireland brough it....i was over at TRD.Celica.UK's place a while ago and saw that great rear bumper with the mesh that he made! what a legend :)

I had the 190...yeah I sold it a few months back to some guy in ireland...I changed the car a fair bit before I let it go...perry was a legend RIP....celica was a nice car but like u say its not close to the zed and a total different drive altogether...wheels are nice, prob look nice on a black zed though...what size? 20's? :D

Good point on the insurance - get that checked out bud...

I had to delay getting mine by about 7 months as i couldnt find anyone to insure me at a sensible price... they were all quoting £3.5k but i eventually found someone who insured me for £2550 :wacko:

But im laughing now - i was 25 a couple of months ago - and it came right down to £800 :lol:

my celcia is a 140, I couldnt get anyone to insure me on a 190 so had to settle for a 140! its been a great car and i drive it almost 60 miles every day but think its time for something abit more fun :teeth:

I can definetly see there are a fair few Z's up for sale at the moment, but cant find many Nismo kitted ones, that are facelift shape aswell!

Ive already got a few ideas for mods, probably going to go for the gold and black look as i think that would really suite the car, first mod will be something similar to these:

gt2-gunmetalic-full.jpg

second mod is going to be a 50 shot of NOS :) just for the added bit of fun :lol:

I remember deciding about these wheels, they are light, and even though priced to sell, they arnt half bad, my only reserve on these is that offsets are not aggressive enough, you really want the rear to be aggressive, but thats down to a matter of opinion. Look forward to seeing how ya gonna mod it, dont get nos yet get use to driving it, I had nos on mine, different world bud :thumbs:

The insurance was a problem when I first got my celica that was 4.5 years ago, ive checked and at 23 with 1yrs NCB insurance is about 1900 which isnt to bad, or so i keep on telling myself haha.

I remember deciding about these wheels, they are light, and even though priced to sell, they arnt half bad, my only reserve on these is that offsets are not aggressive enough, you really want the rear to be aggressive, but thats down to a matter of opinion. Look forward to seeing how ya gonna mod it, dont get nos yet get use to driving it, I had nos on mine, different world bud :thumbs:

Ahh right i see what you mean about a non-aggressive fitment, the rears only come in a 18 X 9.5" which i dont think would be big enough....what is the normal staggered fitment people get on a Z? 19 x 9 at the front and 19 x 11 at the back?

I do like that look though so something similar in gold will work well i think! either that or I got with a matt bronze and black similar to this:

07-11-01-lexus-project-is-f-by-five-axis-1.jpg

then paint/power coat the doar handles, Z'd badge and maybe tail pipes (if its possible) a similar colour..[/img]

I am gonna hold off on NOS till the summer as I wanna get to learn the car before i put more power into it! I street race :blush: with a few fellas around west london so need to be putting down about 300 at the wheels to keep up!!

Ahh right i see what you mean about a non-aggressive fitment, the rears only come in a 18 X 9.5" which i dont think would be big enough....what is the normal staggered fitment people get on a Z? 19 x 9 at the front and 19 x 11 at the back?

I am gonna hold off on NOS till the summer as I wanna get to learn the car before i put more power into it! I street race :blush: with a few fellas around west london so need to be putting down about 300 at the wheels to keep up!!

The offset is not aggressive perhaps rather than the size. That is more important in wheel choice.

Street racing around West London.......... You'll grow out of it! ;)