opinions please :)

cerealuk

just got my RAC check back from the zed ive been looking at and got told the following:

pads/discs need doing right away

exhaust needs changing

and the heatshield on the cat is coming away

chips on bonnet /bumper

nissan have quoted me £680 for the pads/discs £700 for the exhaust and couldnt quote on the cat without looking at it as it may be a welding job rather than a replacement

the guy was asking £8800 for it (53 plate with 37k on the clock) so Im going to phone i think and offer £8800 - £680 - £700 = £7420.

wondering about the cat though as from what im told it could be a simple weld job at a cheap price or up to £1000 if the cat needs fully replacing? does this sound right and wha do you guys think ?

cheers

Darren

You can get a full set of discs and pads for about £500.00, let me know if you need exact prices etc, even cheaper if you wanted the standard discs, which I also have…

As for the exhaust, if you really wanted a Nissan OEM exhaust, there are probably a few owners on the forum who have them after fitting their aftermarket exhausts. We have the Scorpion exhaust, priced at £360.00, real good value and a popular choice for fellow Zed owners… :thumbs:

Firstlu, use the dealer prices for negotiating but you wont have to pay anywhere near that much.

Best case scenario;

Pads and discs from a trader will be cheaper depending on what you want.

Upgrade the exhaust, plenty available for good prices.

Cant help you with the cat issue, hoepfully just a weld to repair.

Stonechips, would hate you to feel left out :blush:

To me, that sound like a great price so the other issues wouldnt bother me too much. :D

How much tread is left on the tyres??? if it's 5mm or less then your only looking at a few thousands miles (Full set of Falkens around £450), any corrosion on the alloys? Use this for your negotiation plus the time you will have to spend in a garage!!!

I would start at £7k and work up slowly, I bet he aint got may other takers at this time of year....

Bargain to be had with 37k on the clock ffs! That thing will go for miles! I can't imagine there are many stone chips on it either.

I can't think of anything better than new discs, pads & exhaust - they'll last for ages!

thanks for all the feedback

phoned the guy to try and sort a deal and he was a complete tw*t about it, told me the RAC man was "talking out of his ar*e" and wouldnt budge at all on the price. Would have only taken a token movement of £300 or so to keep me interested and even though im sure this would have been cheap at £8800 its the principle of it all

so all in all very dissapointed and the search continues :(

phoned the guy to try and sort a deal and he was a complete tw*t about it, told me the RAC man was "talking out of his ar*e" and wouldnt budge at all on the price. Would have only taken a token movement of £300 or so to keep me interested and even though im sure this would have been cheap at £8800 its the principle of it all

I disagree mate - i'd still take the car at that.

If someone told you you needed 1500quids worth of work doing on your car, you'd tell them to go f*ck themselves. And with zeds now - he'll have already lost a tonne of money on it in depreciation - he's not gonna just give in like that!

Get it bought mate!

I disagree mate - i'd still take the car at that.

If someone told you you needed 1500quids worth of work doing on your car, you'd tell them to go f*ck themselves. And with zeds now - he'll have already lost a tonne of money on it in depreciation - he's not gonna just give in like that!

Get it bought mate!

Exactly my thoughts. Looking at the market, £8800 is well under market price. My last post was intimating that he has already reduced it according to the condition. he was never gonna take a phone call and then reduce it loads on the basis of what you was saying the RAC man said.

£8800 is still very very good, and if he would take £8500 then even better. All of those issues are just usual wear and tear and can be sorted pretty cheaply.

The other obvious thought is that some of the things that need doing, after a few months of ownership you might have wanted to do on a pristine example anyway...

I am a couple of months in to ownership and already thinking about Exhausts, Alloys, New Tyres etc etc :) lol

Like the others say... Great price still... :thumbs:

OK granted I didn't realise the price of the car and it's valuation...but you've still got to fork out over £1k to get the parts done.

I'd phone him up tomorow and offer him £8300 tell him it's January sales...that'll make him erupt :lol:

how do you get that stuff costing a grand ?

stone chips aside as all zeds have those, its really just disc and pads, CS on here does both, the ebc pads are £109 and i cant remember the price of the discs

these are wear and tear items that you could need on a zed costing 12k or more

the cat either needs the heatshield repairing or take it off