Just a quick hello

Madden

Just saying a quick hello. I brought a project 2004 350z GT for my wife so thought i would join the forum.

Normally seen on the GTRoc as i love my GTR's to deaf. :lol:

Own a R32 GTR which i have built myself from scratch. Managed a 11.1 @132mph so next time out we be an 10 :)

I live in Sandhurst and love my cars and bikes.

See you soon . :teeth:

Welcome pal.

Get some pics up... (of the cars, not the wife... although dont be shy - we're all friends here :teeth:)

I've just been looking at Skylines on Autotrader - but dont fancy the GTR running costs - how much do you reckon it costs you in a year? I read an article on R34 GTR ownership a few months ago and they were saying it costs about £10k a year

:scare:

To run a year urmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I dont want to work that out to tell you the truth. :lol::lol: Put it this way its running around 600 wbhp and i have blowen the gearbox up 3 times this year. :rant: All with in about 1000 miles. They can cost a fair bit to run but if your not using them hard they are ok. I was returning an average of 24mpg per tank.

Here is the R32 GTR.

cleaned007pv9.jpg

polished001pv7.jpg

And the cheap 350z for rebuild.

hansworkchristmas2008054.jpg

hansworkchristmas2008066.jpg

I think the guy that used to own it is on here.

Yea the GTR is alright mate bit tatty at the moment as i done a whole season of drag racing which destroys the car's . I was also on track at JTS and it caught fire :lol: but managed to fix it and drive it home:)

Yea the car was first mapped at 1.4 bar of boost and made 500 at the hubs with 408 ftlb's. Now running over 1.6 bar , cams , and doing my own mapping so its abit of an animal when it finally comes on boost. :)

Cant wait to get the 350z back as i have always had a soft spot for them and they are my wifes dream car. This came up after i lost an MR2 turbo project on ebay and couldn't refuse it for the price. Hope to get it back on the road by the end of Jan so that we can sell on the Civic type r

Cheers for the kind welcome guys.

Yea the gtr is pretty flat up to 5500 rpm and then it just lets loose :) On the dyno it went from 180 bhp to 500 bhp in about 300 rpm :) Got to sort out the manifold and set the cams up to bring the power band down abit :)

I have a Trust striaght cut dog box coming for it after Xmas so that should be fun :)

Yea as i said the Z needs alot of work but I'm up for a challange. I just wish i learnt how to paint when i was at Uni then i would be doing everything on this :) I think i can get the car back on the road including buying it for a little over £5000 :)