Evo Magazine - 370Z First Drive

AK350Z

Tbh I'm a little disappointed that EVO actually gave it a full review on the basis of 3x 10min drives on a manufacturers proving ground, regardless of how close to German roads it may be. It's certainly something they never would have done a year or so ago, and is yet another black mark against the name of a magazine that used to be the monthly driving bible.

The 0-60 is a misprint, it should read 5.4.

There are several reasons why it is heavier than the 350.

For example, the engine weighs more and removing the rear suspension strut bar meant that they had use lots of extra strengthening to the rear chassis.

They have taken the cheaper route of trying to reinforce a chassis rather than developing a new lighter stiffer chassis.

As an example the new Lotus Evora weighs around 200kg less.

Tbh I'm a little disappointed that EVO actually gave it a full review on the basis of 3x 10min drives on a manufacturers proving ground, regardless of how close to German roads it may be. It's certainly something they never would have done a year or so ago, and is yet another black mark against the name of a magazine that used to be the monthly driving bible.

They have always done "First Drive" Style articles, and at least they are honest with the actual amount of time they had in the car. Evo can and have revised star ratings etc on completion of fuller road tests and V-box runs. We'll probably have to wait for the UK launch to see it fully tested against its rivals.

You will also note the 0-60 and top speed will stay as "claimed" until actual figures have been measured.

well it's more of a preview than a review..

they havent removed the rear strut bar? just moved it further forward..

The 370z does not have a rear strut bar, the stuts are no longer connected in the way the front ones are.

If you get the a chance have a look at pictures of the boot space.

I think if you actually read the article they say the rear strutt bar has been moved forward.

Which is what Pingu said.

Yes they do say this but it is not corect. To be a rear suspenion stut bar it has to attach to the rear suspension. Evo is my fav car mag but they have just copied Nissan spin in this instance.

I think if you actually read the article they say the rear strutt bar has been moved forward.

Which is what Pingu said.

Yes they do say this but it is not corect. To be a rear suspenion stut bar it has to attach to the rear suspension. Evo is my fav car mag but they have just copied Nissan spin in this instance.

+1

According to the Autoexpress write up the strut brace has been moved lower.

Practicality has been vastly improved, as the intrusive rear strut brace of the 350Z has now been lowered significantly. Plus, a new shelf area has been added behind the seats for storing briefcases.

IIRC the strut is still there but its been redesigned and its now "inverse"

That would be my guess too, which is kind of inline with what lotuscc is saying. Its below the boot carpet now, which in effect is just the same as putting extra bracing to what was already there. Will be interesting to see what it looks like when someone strips out the boot area ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Seen a few more pics and its definetely got to have the little rear wing on it rather than no wing atall

http://www.the370z.com/members/ak370z-a ... 10-08.html

It would seem i have a 370Z loving alter ego! (AK370Z)

Hello mate,

It's AK370Z from The370Z. It's your 370Z loving alter ego from the other side of the planet. :lol:

Thank you for this great article. Our members will enjoy reading this. This magazine is NOT available in the US so we couldn't find out the outcome of this testing. From me and all the The370Z members, we thank you for the article. :thumbs: