New Ved Rates, Excellent news for pre march 2006!

NWZ

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant get over how much of a difference there is. I currently drive an MG ZS180 with the 2.5ltr V6 and this is on a 51 plate and eventualy I would have to pay something like £420 a year on road TAX but yet I can go out and get an early or late model 350Z and depending on year either pay half of what I would be paying on the ZS or pay the same amount as the ZS (if not a little cheaper) for something that is 3.5ltrs and a newer car.......Just goes to show that the enigne in my ZS must be killing trees and little rabbits everytime I start her up (not that thats a problem at all.....lol)

• 3 weeks later...

Happy 04 owner here, was still confused over that whole malarkey until I read this post.

I'm sure it's on purpose that the rates are confusing, that way people that are gonna get shafted don't know what hit them until it's too late.

(Remembers the episode of Top Gear when they told people on the street how much thier tax was gonna be)

• 4 weeks later...

so guys, i am slightly confused. what are the VED charges at the moment before 1 April 2009? i am buying a 07 reg zed. how much will VED be? also i'm getting 6 months tax when buying the car. will be able to top that up to a year to make use of a lower rate if before 1 April 2009? hope that makes sense. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this might be a stupid question, but my road tax runs out on 31 July. when do i renew it and does it then start from 1 august? i heard something about it starting from the first day of the month. so if i renew in july then does it start beginning of july so i lose a month?

this might be a stupid question, but my road tax runs out on 31 July. when do i renew it and does it then start from 1 august? i heard something about it starting from the first day of the month. so if i renew in july then does it start beginning of july so i lose a month?

When you recieve the reminder then either log on and renew it or take it to the post office anytime BEFORE it runs out. If doing it online allow for postage / processing time.

It will run out 6 or 12 months after the current one does. So if your disc expires on 31st July 09 and you renew it 15th July 09 and take a years tax the new one will expire 31st July 10.

• 1 month later...