Want 350Z, Now sold the Astra CDTI 150 sporthatch

neilmw

Hello all,

Astra now sold so looking for 350Z as a cash buy.

350Z spec wanted:

- UK model

- 2004 onwards

- < 40000 miles

- VG/Excellent condition (duh! :) )

- preferably a GT

- not fussed about which alloys - as long as they're factory

- not modded

- coupe, not convertible

- blue or silver (either) preferred

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Thanks for looking,

Neil

From Glasses guide (the uptodate one)

So you would be looking at it needing to be excellent condition, allow for the fact no one wants to pay full price, then put another grand in and then look at an earlier model zed maybe?

Excellent condition:

£10500

Average condition:

£9450

Below average condition:

£8410

gluk it will be worth the effort :thumbs:

From Glasses guide (the uptodate one)

So you would be looking at it needing to be excellent condition, allow for the fact no one wants to pay full price, then put another grand in and then look at an earlier model zed maybe?

Excellent condition:

£10500

Average condition:

£9450

Below average condition:

£8410

gluk it will be worth the effort :thumbs:

Cheers MrLizard, I'm sure it will. I've been looking at changing cars for a few months now and only thought about a 350Z recently, as I didn't realise they had come into my price range. Stunning cars.

I've been working out the figures based on adverts for both cars, and there isn't much in it really, £10-£13k for mine - £10.5-£14k for a 350Z.

So far I've been to/rang a few dealers and I've had initial offers of £10k and £10.5k trade-in on Zeds they're selling for £13k. So I came up with a grand or less for a swap, adjusting for their margin. Am I over-estimating the size of their cut?

Thanks,

Neil

i have a friend who trades zeds among other sports cars and he does it on a per car basis, their cut that is, if its been sat on the forecourt costing them money he has occasionally let it go for a v small margin just to free up the space for the next thing he thinks he can sell...

I would keep an eye out and see how long they have had said zed, if its been there a few weeks then there are more likely to try their luck, if its been there for 6 weeks plus then they might be more willing to take less margin, just be prepared to walk away from the deal, and try and have a few examples in mind...

also, be warned that if you test drive one you may turn into a teenage kid again :)

i have a friend who trades zeds among other sports cars and he does it on a per car basis, their cut that is, if its been sat on the forecourt costing them money he has occasionally let it go for a v small margin just to free up the space for the next thing he thinks he can sell...

I would keep an eye out and see how long they have had said zed, if its been there a few weeks then there are more likely to try their luck, if its been there for 6 weeks plus then they might be more willing to take less margin, just be prepared to walk away from the deal, and try and have a few examples in mind...

I've was offered one a week ago at a Renault garage for £2.5k, which was their first offer - I didn't haggle as I wasn't sure about it then, just said I'd think about it and left. I found out they'd got it from their Nissan dealer nearby (same group), which made me a little suspicious as to why a Nissan dealer would want rid of it. It was an '04 GT in gun metal with 16k miles, so hardly a pig!

also, be warned that if you test drive one you may turn into a teenage kid again :)

Ha ha, yeah, I was certainly grinning like a kid after driving said one above.

i got an 06 with 13500 on the clock gt spec for £14900 about 1 month ago, if that gives you a guide on price.

you can tend to find 350's to match your price, but your problem will be what others are willing to pay for yours.

i ended up trading in my 07 civic type s gt Diesel for £10,000 and a mk3 mr2 roadster for £5000 in order to buy my 350. and considering that i only bought the civic 12 months ago for 14500 you can see how much prices have dropped.

i got an 06 with 13500 on the clock gt spec for £14900 about 1 month ago, if that gives you a guide on price.

you can tend to find 350's to match your price, but your problem will be what others are willing to pay for yours.

It does thanks. It's certainly a bloody good time to buy if you're a cash buyer!

i ended up trading in my 07 civic type s gt Diesel for £10,000 and a mk3 mr2 roadster for £5000 in order to buy my 350. and considering that i only bought the civic 12 months ago for 14500 you can see how much prices have dropped.

I looked at a Zed last night at a dealer, £12k for a '04 non-GT model in light silver, with 50k on the clock. Only problem with it was slight fraying of the cloth on the drivers seat - which has put me right off it. The guy was desperate to sell it, and I got him down to £500 to change. I'm going to look at another couple before deciding though.

Neil

Shame its a 3 door otherwise would have been interested

good luck with getting a swap :thumbs:

Ads

I've always went for 3 doors with past cars too, a bit annoying for practicality, but I usually much prefer the styling compared to a 5. You thought about a Leon? I really liked my mate's 170bhp diesel, looked lovely. I think they tend to hold their value a lot better than the Astra though.

Thanks,

Neil

I've always went for 3 doors with past cars too, a bit annoying for practicality, but I usually much prefer the styling compared to a 5. You thought about a Leon? I really liked my mate's 170bhp diesel, looked lovely. I think they tend to hold their value a lot better than the Astra though.

Thanks,

Neil

I usually go for 3 doors too but got a little-un on the way so looking for a 5-door when a good deal comes up.

Mines for sale at the moment, 54 plate, GT in Azure with 25k miles (pics in for sale section). Would consider reasonable offers if you managed to sell your Astra and were a cash buyer.

cheers

Ads

Hi Neil...

I've unfortunately just been told that my job is likely to be ending in the new year (after 10 years of hard graft). Any how, its not a massive problem as I have been thinking of starting my own Company for a while now, so its kind of forced my hand a bit I guess...

Recently bought a 350z myself but as im likely to be visiting lots of customers in the new year to try and drum up business, I have been thinking (and I know its probably a swear word round these parts) of going to a Diesel in the short term.

I must be honest an Astra wouldn't be my first choice, however in the short term I can see myself being quite interested.

I have attached a pic of my 2003 Z... it only has 28'500 miles on the clock. Alloys are worth £800 and it is immaculate both inside and out (MOT'd until August 09).

If its of interest, let me know... sure we could come to some arrangement...

On a side note... I could well change my mind in the meantime though as I have a tear in my eye whilst writing this as I love the Z that much... Not much good running one without a job though :-( lol

Blummin credit crunch...! Arrrgggh

All the best,

Nathan

Nate dont do it mate! Get yourself an old banger for the work and keep the zed for yourself!
That too has crossed my mind...

Im sat here pondering things... just looked at a few Astra reviews and thinking, within seconds im gonna miss the 350z (no offence sorry Neil)...

I dunno... see what Neil comes back and says... the sensible thing to do is downgrade in the short term. There is no way in the world that I will be buying anything other than another 350z or 370z in the future though.

Nothing would compare and I have had a MK5 Golf GTI, Mazda RX8, BMW M Roadster etc. Best car I have owned bar none...!

The only thing I would miss hypothetically about the Z is the amount of female attention you get in one B)

Guess that wouldn't happen in an Astra but ah well :blush:

Cheers for the offer nate, but I really want one with standard alloys or Rays.

Don't get too down! Astras aren't that bad you know :).

Good luck with your new business.

Neil

Thanks Neil... appreciate it and no offence implied with the Astra. No doubt its a good, solid everyday car that in fairness looks better than most family cars such as the Focus, Golf etc etc.

However, trust me... when you get the Z there is no looking back its that good, so best of luck in your search. If I come up with anything on my travels (i.e anything suitable) I will send you a PM... Im currently looking for a car for the missus, so fairly active on the car sites at the moment.

To be brutally honest, about a minute after posting the pic of my car and reading Jay's post I was thinking "what have I done". I have just been floating this idea of getting a Diesel for the new enterprise but im now 100% certain the right thing to do is bite the bullet and keep on with the Z no matter what. Money or no money, its a special car...