WTF is a pop charger ???

Franky

• 3 weeks later...

the only mod i'm aware of that will give noticable change to performance is the plenum spacers.

all other mods like exhaust, induction etc are cancelled out, untill you add a piggyback ecu or a replacement ECU. then they make the difference.

but the search button is your best friend here as its a topic regualrly covered.

I was a bit dubious about installing a pop charger, but when I installed my K&N typhoon a couple of months ago it makes a world of difference to the noise...groin factor 10! But no increase in whp.

If you like noise, fit a pop charger, find a tunnel and then come back and tell us what you think :thumbs:

The majority of mods for the Zed will be for noise only. Plenum spacer is the only thing it cant cancel out as you are not effecting the flow rates (in or out) but just distrobuting them better.

The ECU in the Zed controls the airflow to the engine via the FBW throttle, which means even if you put your foot to the floor it wont open the throttle all the way. It knows for a given revs/speed/temperature/load how much it should be flowing (within a fixed range) and it will adjust the throttle to give that flow. If you increase the flow (intake/exhaust) it will just dial them out with the throttle. A piggyback ECU or reflash will stop it doing this.