is this a 350z or a skyline?

elecious

it is a nissan skyline 350gt

jap car, never sold over here, think it uses the 350z engine, but its put in a 2+2 coupe body shell.

sold as the skyline 350gt.

think it goes by another name in the US.

don't know much about it.

its not a true skyline by definition, but uses the name

correct me if i'm wrong :blush:

jap car, never sold over here, think it uses the 350z engine, but its put in a 2+2 coupe body shell.

Infinity G35.

Infinity G35.

The new G37 due to be lauched in Europe in 2009 already on sale in the US.

http://www.infiniti.com/g_coupe/

I looked at this option....but there are some real nasty interiors and seemed real hard to find a combination that i liked. Saying that though on my recent trip to the states i saw some real nice g35's modded just right.

When done right this car can look sick!!!!

F1BBQ015.jpg

F1BBQ012.jpg

B)B)B)B)B)

You don't know much about skylines, do you...

not really,

i thought skylines like the r34 etc (think i got the number right) are extremely rapid cars. with more bhp than the zed. so if the g35 has the zed engine and weighs more it would be as rapid as the original skylines.

hence the first new skyline in ages the GTR.

but like you said i don't know alot about skylines, and am happy to be corrected.

Well, it's not for me to get shirty, but Skylines have, and will continue to be saloon and coupe cars... Always have, and always will be. The GT-R you talk about, (not the current one), have always been the range topping variant. A bit like the AMG to Mercedes, and the M-Power to BMW. The rest of the range has had engines ranging from 1.6 litre, to 3.5... So, Skyline itself is just the name for a a range of largish cars made by Nissan/Datsun, going back to year dot. The G35 does 60 in around 5.4 seconds, so certainly quick.

The "new skyline" is not a skyline at all. it is a completely different model, (although the Altessa awd system is used in the G35X, the awd varient of the Skyline, and the same system used in the GT-R's in the past). It's like calling the Porsche carrera GT a 911...

By the way, the Skyline was introduced at the same time in 2001, so who uses which bits off what car? Does that make the 350Z not actually a true Z car, as it uses bits from a Skyline? :lol:

i stand corrected :)

i have never been into skylines that much, didn't dislike them, just never paid much attention. knew more about toyotas, and MR2's. Nissan is a hole new world of info for me. just getting to grips with the ZED info overload.

i liked the comparison stories, does put it into perspective.

thankyou for putting me right. promise not to make the same sweeping remarks again ;)

Well, it's not for me to get shirty, but Skylines have, and will continue to be saloon and coupe cars... Always have, and always will be. The GT-R you talk about, (not the current one), have always been the range topping variant. A bit like the AMG to Mercedes, and the M-Power to BMW. The rest of the range has had engines ranging from 1.6 litre, to 3.5... So, Skyline itself is just the name for a a range of largish cars made by Nissan/Datsun, going back to year dot. The G35 does 60 in around 5.4 seconds, so certainly quick.

The "new skyline" is not a skyline at all. it is a completely different model, (although the Altessa awd system is used in the G35X, the awd varient of the Skyline, and the same system used in the GT-R's in the past). It's like calling the Porsche carrera GT a 911...

By the way, the Skyline was introduced at the same time in 2001, so who uses which bits off what car? Does that make the 350Z not actually a true Z car, as it uses bits from a Skyline? :lol:

But in the UK 99% of people would say the GTR is the only form of skyline they recognize.

or the one the most people know about

if you said skyline to me; i would only be able to name the GT-R, R33, and R34.

any other car type, or brand, and i can real off most variants and engine sizes without thinking.

like i said above, the skyline never really floated my boat.

I cannot be blamed for an ill-educated populace...
Or rather a country where the only officially imported Skylines were GTRs... ;)

Pah... MR2 Turbo's were never imported. They are well known, however. As I said, an ill-educated populace. They probably don't know that the Vaux monaro is a Holden, and is sold in the US as a Pontiac GTO. I bet they don't know shedloads of stuff, but ho hum...