19s!!! what to get, any recommendations???

hotrain69

am hopefully going to be a zed owner before the year is out. there are a couple things i would ideally want to to with my zed, but will need to start budgeting esp in this climate with so many uncertainties. one of the things i want to look into is getting a set of 19s on and how much it would cost. so i was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

i've been reading on here about upgrading wheels, but unfortunately i'm not too into the technical jargon, would i need to fit anything else in order to fit the 19s on?

to reduce the cost, i was wondering if there is any possibility of selling the original rays (18s). it would be from say a 56 plate. and if so how much they normally fetch?

thanks in advance for all your help.

cheers

hi there, 19" wheels eh ?, lots to choose from and can be bought from around £800 for the cheepies to well over £3k for a decent set, you need to take your time in finding the right offset to fill out your arches and also clear your brakes, the originals rays wheels sell not to bad and can probably expect to get around £400 if they are in good nic

Paul :thumbs:

The thing with wheel choice is it's very personal. You can guarantee that whatever you get spme people will love and some people will hate. You have to go for what you want.

Loads of choice, sort a budget and the rest is looking for what you want!

maybe we should set a thread up where everyone who has aftermarket wheels posts one pic of their car and lists the wheel make and size etc.

just an idea!

there is just so much choice out there, and its very difficult to tell what looks good until you see some actually fitted on a car.

maybe we should set a thread up where everyone who has aftermarket wheels posts one pic of their car and lists the wheel make and size etc.

just an idea!

there is just so much choice out there, and its very difficult to tell what looks good until you see some actually fitted on a car.

Sounds good. It could then be stickied. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Bump!

This is probably a stupid request, because I would really like the impossible - a set of LM GT4s at a knock-down price. However, I thought I saw recently a set of Rotas that looked very similar to them (possibly GTR or P45s). Anybody know anything about them, or where to find out more about them?

They do look quite similar but i dont think you can get them in 19". Could be wrong though.

Theres a few people on here with the 18" rotas and they look good, especially if you lower your car.

Definitely a good alternative :thumbs:

Not available in 19"? That's a shame.

Any idea of suppliers in the UK?

dsc8055tv4.jpg

Phil had the Rota GTRs on for a while.

Nice alloys IMO :D

But personally I like the Volk Racing GTS

350zyurgan042.jpg

Only really any good as summer wheels though. The winter has trashed them.

In the top photo (Phil's car) the rear wheels look different from the fronts - deeper dish?