Tints

markyp

Just been and spoke to my local tinter place and they reckon its pointless having the armour guard stuff on the rear because of the way the windows sealed.

Also said its pretty much a waste of time having it on the sides too due to no side pillars. Then went on to explain how easy it is to pop the window and snap it off making the armour stuff pretty much useless.

They wanted £170 for a all round tint or £130 just for the back, good price?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

front sides can be tinted but only with special tints like

The SunProtect+ 75 Auto Film is the only film that complies with all the latest legislation regarding fitting window film to the drivers and passenger front side glass yet is rated at the maximum Sun Protection Factor (SPF) 80 and has The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Approval.

Appearances count! SunProtect+ 75 matches the tinted glass by appearing to give a slightly darker look to the front windows. This is especially effective with darker interiors.

Sounds cheap enough to me if they are good.

Just watch the level of tint you get as it can look tacky in my opinion!

Indeed, Im keen on a 90%+ at the back and just something abit darker at the front maybe a 45-50% (+20% on the oem tint).

markyp, where abouts in essex are you bud ?, seems like a fair price to me, a guy at the last thurrock meet had his tinted, he had a black zed, looked really smart B) , not a clue what tint he went for though !

Thurrock :)

Yeh. Im getting mine done early next year and am expecting between £200-£250. See if you can get any examples of their work.

They are mainly mobile but had 6+ vans in there yard today. I've used them before when my old golf gti mk2 got broken into to replace a window. Think ill get the back done to see how that looks as it didnt really make any difference if I got 1 done or the entire car at the same time. They did say if the police tug you and give you a 7day wonder for the fronts they will remove the tint for free.

Once ive got around to it ill post some pics and let ya know what they where like

thought this might help

WINDOW FILM CENTRE LTD

Window Tinting Quotation from East of England’s Premier Window Tinting Co.

Dear Richard

Thank you for your enquiry, we have pleasure in providing a quote to tint your vehicle:-

Make Nissan

Model 350Z

Style Coupe

WINTER PRICING STARTS FROM 1st NOVEMBER 2008

FULL INSTALL FROM A POST

All vehicle glass except front windscreen Cost A £220 including VAT

WINTER DISCOUNT PRICE £198

Choice of tints from light to very dark (limo) on all glass behind driver (from B post)

Driver & front passenger side glass, from A-B post, fitted with SunProtect+ 75 film only (complies with section 32 of Road Vehicles -Construction & Use Regulations- Act of 1986 amended 01/01 2004 to include Window Tint Films).

or

B POST INSTALL (Family Protection Pack)

All glass behind driver (from B post) Cost B £150 including VAT

WINTER DISCOUNT PRICE £135

Dealers/ Fleet/ Car Clubs/ Volume Discounts Prices on application

We accept all major Credit / Debit Cards.

All installations come with a 5 Years comprehensive warranty, transferable to next owner and include Accidental Damage to Film Cover. (The only company in the UK to offer this package)

Window Tinting of cars requires a very clean and controlled environment we therefore do not provide a mobile fitting service. Work in normally completed within the day and we can collect & return your vehicle, free of charge, from home or work if required.

CONTACT DETAILS

Free Call Number for bookings (all sites) 0800 328 5776

Ipswich Fitting Centre 8 West Road

Ransomes Europark

Ipswich IP3 9SX

(behind B&Q, JJB Sports, Halfords, MFI etc.)

Bury St Edmunds Fitting Centre Unit 2 Barton Road Trading Estate

Barton Road

Bury St Edmunds

IP32 7BE

If you need further help or advice on what is the best way to tint your car please contact me personally on 01473 272600 or my mobile 07900 891950

Regards

Nils Hansen

Managing Director