Tints

markyp

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long did you have to leave it after they done it did you opening and shutting the doors affect the film beacuse it had just been done

Mine were already on the car when I bought it, so I cant help you with that, sorry. Just give a reputable tinter a call, I'm sure they will give you all the info you need.

how long did you have to leave it after they done it did you opening and shutting the doors affect the film beacuse it had just been done

Couldn't drop the windows for a week or clean them. No problem, thats what aircon and heaters are for.

Only clean the insides now with a soft cloth and a drop of detergent. :lol:

I was recently pulled and my windows tested (they have a machine carried in most patrol cars now). They need to let 70% light through or you will get an on the spot fine and told to remove them. It is possible for them to give you points also.

Unfortunately for me, mine did not let 70% light through (nowhere near if I'm honest). Fortunately he let me off when he realised I was in the armed forces (cue stories of him and his old regt.).

He did say however that sometime in the future (didnt clarify when exactly) the test was being introduced into the MOT. So anyone thinking of going above the 30% limit, I would seriously think twice about it.

I feel for yer m8, but we all need to be sensible. It may look great, but if its completely blacked out we can expect to **** the federalie's off and it's dangerous. B)

Hi,

Haven't read all these posts, but Mines done back and sides. The trick is to fade to lighter tint as you come forward to the driver and passenger windows.

Make sure these guys know what they're doing. Cos if its wrong it'll look crap and if its too dark plod will be all over you. :bang:

About £170 is what I paid. They removed the door glass to do it too. Top job.

Take a look.

Looks really good with the orange !!!

I can honestly say ive never seen this colour zed. pretty unique I love it..... :thumbs:

Hi,

Haven't read all these posts, but Mines done back and sides. The trick is to fade to lighter tint as you come forward to the driver and passenger windows.

Make sure these guys know what they're doing. Cos if its wrong it'll look crap and if its too dark plod will be all over you. :bang:

About £170 is what I paid. They removed the door glass to do it too. Top job.

Take a look.

Looks really good with the orange !!!

I can honestly say ive never seen this colour zed. pretty unique I love it..... :thumbs:

Thanks,

It was love at first sight. If you're gunna buy a car like this, Why hide it. In the Sun its awsome and has to be seen.

Dont know how many of this colour there are, but only seen 1 other. Lets be honest the Z looks good in all it's colours. :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...
well there getting done tomorrow £180 for the lot any good?

they advise me not use my car at all for about a week. i cant live without it for a week you guys think ill be ok using it but not using the windows ????

Not use the car for a week. That sounds like a load of tosh to me mate. :thumbdown:

A few hours for it to settle is all it should need, but you cant use the windows fully for a week. As for the slight movement on opening the doors. It does leave a mark, but it does on the bare glass as well, Strangely it wipes off when you clean them as it does with the glass. :dry:

Do these blokes know their business. If it was me I'd want to see some examples of their previous work and some customers numbers to talk to them and see if they are happy. If they told me not to use my car for a week I would not have had it done.

I smell a rat. :dry: