Newbie FTO Convert

Ok So since always wanting an FTO and having that for the last 3.5 years (also being on the FTOOC) I decided to take a plunge into the zed.

'04 Azure GT with just over 15k on the clock. Brand spanking new set of rays & tyres from the showroom '08 plate they'd sold (with optional Nismo's) Bought from a Nissan Dealership in Preston. Loving every minute of it but got small issues I'm trying to iron out at the moment.

Clicky rear axles, head unit skipping slightly (speakers cutting out) and a flashing air bag warning light. Slowly getting there and the car is covered under warranty so not a bad thing.

Managed to work out that a bottle of water had rolled under the passenger seat & tripped the air bag light, so reset that one myself. So just two problems left really which I'm having a bum fight with the garage about.

I have been hovering around in the background for a while now which I was searching for the car. Martinmac also told me to join this site, but after owning the car for around 6 weeks, I've just found time to finally start doing things for myself rather than worrying about whats going to need fixed next.

Anyways.....

Nice to have finally landed and long may the zed reign!!! :boxing:

Jamie

Cheers for the welcome guys.

Yeah Fiddy, you guys on the other forum have been brilliant help so far. I'm slowly getting there but the dealership is saying that I have the revised parts already fitted on the rear axles and Nissan has advised them that all they should do is turn and re-grease, which is what they've done.

I really believe they're just stringing me along and its never had the revised parts fitted. If they were fitted then surely the clicking noise wouldn't be there in the first place.

Headunit one could also be a bit of a headache as they're saying they need the headunit for 2 weeks even though through other peoples stories thats untrue and they just can't be bothered to fit the unit back in while they wait on the other HU.

I'm wary of getting this changed as mines not problematic in the cold (both times its happened has been around mid afternoon) and has only done it twice. I'm worried they'll change it for a refurb one that will manifest the problem alot worse than the current HU.

I'm going to push for a brand spanker, but i'll keep you informed.

Still got the scratched alloy & chipped caliper to take care of aswell......

P.S. Hi Martin, I told you i'd eventually get round to joining. Big up the Cumbrians!!!

Welcome to the forum Jamie, and congratulations on the Azure.

Unfortunately no pics of the zed yet, she isn't nowhere near clean enough and no mods done (as of yet) but I shall get some pics of the FTO up asap.

Zed pics will arrive as soon as I decide on a good wax & claybar

Even better, before and after pics. ;)