Yes another Newbie..

Facebook group joined thanks for tip..

No dice on the roof down approach, its a prefab in block, and a) leaks, and B) cats get in there occaisionally (and die if i'm away on holiday as they can't get out!) .. not something i'd fancy coming back to..

Must do something about those gaps though.. could do without a cat pawing my roof!

Still bewildered by the tape deck.. at least i can play my ipod through a cassette adaptor!

A double din 8 track with ipod integration.. Now THATS retro!!

I'll have to wait a bit before I replace the stereo with a pioneer avic 700bt or similar.. I almost had the dealer fit one, but he didn't want in on his forecourt due to risk of theft .. stereo theft still a problem?? (I know it was 10+ yrs ago but now?

One bit of advice i could use.. (ok two)

1) recommendations for portable sat nav to rest in the dash bubby (ie fits and sits well) and ..

2) Recomedations for a good bluetooth mobile phone headset for roadster usage!!?

I think most Tomtoms fit but have a quick surf in the ice section a lot of info on satnavs ! :thumbs:

Re: Bluetooth - we dont get that as standard like the coupe for the very reason you cant hear a soddin thing anyway !!

Why would you want to talk to someone when you have that engine to listen too :lol:B)

Get yourself an FM transmitter for a couple of quid for the Ipod - neater solution than the tape

Hey whats wrong with Bose 8 track and wax cylinder technology - it was ok in Marconi's day!! You get really good heat off those Mullard Valves also!! :lol:

The stereo only works with the heated seats on so I reckon the valves are under there ;)

I've found the adaptors (good quality sony) to be much better SQ than the FM transmitters but have recent ones improved.. shame there's nowhere suitable for a Belkin TuneBase.. very neat..

I'm off to ICE section to look at sat navs.. cheers fellas

Ah.. great advice.. gotta love forums.. must save the dealerships so much time in queries!

I'm based in surrey..

Pics to come.. Give me a chance only collected at 7pm last night!

dealer pics in meantime..

350zf1.jpg

350zb1.jpg

350zi.jpg

Hi and welcome to the Forum and see you got your car from Wilsons - hope to see you around as I'm in Epsom with a black 06 coupe with a ZED plate :thumbs:

Was Wilsons indeed. great car.. shame about the dealer.. if you've had that coupe about 2 months i believe you beat me to it by 20 mins ;)

Nope - don't buy from main stealers (only get the servicing done there for warranty purposes). Got mine new from Evans Autos (sure you will know of them) having bought a s/h one a year of so earlier (also from Evans) but then decided to splash out on the curent one rather than give the tax man more than I had to. Mind you, the way prices are now...... :scare: But then its all relative and might get tempted by some of the deals out there as dealers try and get some cash flowing :)

Welcome and lovely looking roadster. B)

now if i can just work out how to get out of the car in the garage without leaving the window open.. :scare:

You could try folding the mirrors in just before you drive in, gives you the opportunity to go a bit closer to one side, lol, as long as you are careful.