Final Piece of the Carbon Jigsaw

3FIDDYZ

Well after a few weeks of waiting my final piece of the interior carbon jigsaw arrived from the states.

Tonster1011 the god of carbon on the US website made this little beauty (He can be contacted to make up virtually anything in carbon for the Zed..... Apart from Sunglass Holders and Exterior door handles!!)

Its a carbon wrap of the original and looks great (IMHO!) and has a little extra twist... After all the pics I have looked at on the web, I have never seen it before... Anyway, a few pics for you.

Before

DSC01165.jpg

Carbon Cover

DSC01164.jpg

Fitted (Took 2 mins!)

DSC01166.jpg

Against original

DSC01168.jpg

Done!

DSC01169.jpg

From Outside

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JDMPERFORMANCE was selling a cf strut cover a couple of weeks ago

nice tommy Z, looks great mark B)

Yeh i had it. It looks good but the fit isnt the best - because its been attached before so the edges are now a bit naff. This looks spot on though :thumbs:

Also loving the alacantra look. Any more details?

Guest prescience

It's always good to be in a minority of one - but [to me] that looks so shiny and cheap (although it probably wasn't).

Please someone convince me that carbon is not something you dig out of the ground, not something left as smeg on a fire, but actually has some intrinsic value :yawn:

looks ace. the red z badge matches your seats ;-)

what's on the roof, painted, vinyl etc.? any more pics?

Cheers Mate, I was trying to draw some red into the boot so guess its worked!!

Anyway, roof was painted the other week when I debadged and got my dent sorted.

Only got these at the moment, hope to do a few more tomorrow :)

DSC01172.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

It's always good to be in a minority of one - but [to me] that looks so shiny and cheap (although it probably wasn't).

Please someone convince me that carbon is not something you dig out of the ground, not something left as smeg on a fire, but actually has some intrinsic value :yawn:

+1

Alcantara is interesting though. I'd be interested in something like this. Especially in the cabin.

+1

Alcantara is interesting though. I'd be interested in something like this. Especially in the cabin.

Just feel that the interior of the Zed needs a little sprucing up thats why I have gone for the carbon / alcantara "theme". Just waiting for the upholsterer to get back from holiday and a few other bits will be done to tie it all up....

Carbon does look alot better in the flesh though... But as alway each to there own and not to everyones taste :)

you either like carbon fibre or not i feel. but also depends on the finish and quality/ grade of some.

but you're right, poor camera, lighting, flashes can spoil the effect of carbon fibre in pictures.

you either like carbon fibre or not i feel. but also depends on the finish and quality/ grade of some.

but you're right, poor camera, lighting, flashes can spoil the effect of carbon fibre in pictures.

It would be great if the Zed had a few more nice materials in the interior, just to complement the baby supercar exterior. Not really seen much "proper" carbon fibre in real life, but this certaintly doesn't look worse than the silver painted plastic part it replaces!