M3 owner, considering 350Z

Styler

Hi Guys,

I currently own a E46 M3, love the car to bits and i've spent past year modifying it. I'm 27 and will be getting married in 2010 and buying a house etc, i am thinking of selling the M3 and getting a 350Z to allow me to carry on my car modding etc and have a bit of fun to.

How you guys think i would find a 350Z in comparison to M3??? I quite into modding but nothing major just usual stuff.

me.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

Lovely looking M3 you've got there. I've had 2 350's and previously an E46 M3.

The only comparable is similar mpg and fun to drive to be honest. The M3 is quicker, but only marginally imo. I think the 350 in standard form handles better than the M3.

You won't be disappointed that's for sure :-)

Lovely looking M3 you've got there. I've had 2 350's and previously an E46 M3.

The only comparable is similar mpg and fun to drive to be honest. The M3 is quicker, but only marginally imo. I think the 350 in standard form handles better than the M3.

You won't be disappointed that's for sure :-)

+1 Fairly similar cars imo, the M3 would probably edge it in a straight line but I would rate the Z higher for all round driving and more fun and involved drive. Always found the M3 Cabs to feel a tad on the heavy side personally.

I think you would relish the drive in the Z though, make the swap, it makes sense!

Assuming u r getin married u r prob better off with the beamer...you can take ur kids with u anywhere....funwise 350z miles better...u ll feel 18 again...n then u may decide u r too young to get married looool...roadster n similar age to the beamer quite slower on a str8 line....but harder suspension...cheaper servicing and not much 2 go wrong 2...if u can live with the cheap feeling interior...why dont you hire one for the day n c what you think??? :teeth:

thanks for the warm welcome fellas :)

I guess i had my fun with the M3, and as values a dropping pretty sharpish at the moment, i think it is good idea to sell especially as i want to save cash for future wedding etc. M3s are very expensive to repair and service etc.

If i sell the M3, and get a Zed would make more financial sense. Plus i will have a bit of spare cash for a few mods :p Only thing holding me back is only having 2 seats.

What stud pattern is the Zed out of interest?

First mod i would make is a new interior trim in nappa leather with a new steering wheel trim as well, not too much of a fan of the stock interior, which is one thing a really love on the M.

DSC00254.jpg

The stud pattern is 5 x 113.4 PCD I think

114.3 i think?

Nice M3 - i had a 328 Coupe before my zed and it was ery unreliable compared to the zed, and a lot more expensive to maintain. Also, it was ridiculously boring to drive.

Get a zed, its like an expensive go-kart!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't help thinking, are you REALLY going to gain that much money trading in the beemer, considering how you're already tastefully modded it, then considering you're going to plow thousands into a new Z?

Well, and it's just that your M3 is lovely!