Newbie here thinking of buying a 350z

Few quick questions guys

I currently have a 274bhp Mini Cooper S and I am thinking of changing it for a 350z. How quick are they in standard form (2007 model 313ps) and what sort of power gains can be achieved and what does it cost? Do they have a LSD fitted?

My car currently runs 13.9@103mph at Santa Pod, what does a 313ps 350z run?

Thanks in advance

James

Hi James and welcome to the forum. The zed is a great car but the basic power gains are cancelled out by the ECU, exhaust, cold air induction etc. They just sound great.

A TT conversion will get you to about 400 BHP for a cost of about 6K.

The big plus, they look great and how many do you see around ;)

No probs bud. The car is certainly a one off and its a great drive. The test drive will convince you. Not knocking the Mini in any way but how many of them do you see each day. The grin that comes with the zed is worth a lot of money.

At the moment the prices are great for a buyer :D

Few quick questions guys

I currently have a 274bhp Mini Cooper S and I am thinking of changing it for a 350z. How quick are they in standard form (2007 model 313ps) and what sort of power gains can be achieved and what does it cost? Do they have a LSD fitted?

My car currently runs 13.9@103mph at Santa Pod, what does a 313ps 350z run?

Thanks in advance

James

Hi. A standard 313ps can run 1/4 mile slightly quicker than your mini. A few mods and ECU mapping will see a good improvement in bhp. There are more tuning parts available for the 300 and 276 versions because they have been around longer. 350Zs have a LSD which means they are often a choice for drifters. US tuners are running 700bhp + TT and APS has just launched an extreme TT kit priced at $9000 (1000bhp potential?!). Ungraded internals required past 450bhp. Various superchargers are also available.

Chris

350Zs have a LSD which means they are often a choice for drifters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the base JDM models don't have lsd (but the Japan models had many additional options available - so some may), also the Base model in the US doesn't. ;)

The GT4 and Touring/Track spec in other countries do.

Ungraded internals required past 450bhp.

Chris

Consensus is that you are playing with fire going over 400 bhp with standard internals.

BTW Hi and welcome! :thumbs:

As an ex-MCS boy I'd like to see some piccies of the MINI. :)

Welcome to the club :thumbs:

One major factor that will help your decision, is the way it drives. Knocks a Mini into a cocked hat. Get a Z out on a test drive. :)

Horses for courses, Rob. Over the urban commute that I used to be saddled with the MINI put a bigger smile on my face than the Zed. On the North Wales roads its very much the other way round. IMHO the Zed's a far better car but the MCS has its moments. :)

Thanks for all the comments guys, guess I better go and test drive one. May try and call in the Middlehurst garage today.

Can't seem to post my pics on here

Try opening a Photobucket account and pasting the links. :thumbs:

Where are you based?

Welcome to the club :thumbs:

One major factor that will help your decision, is the way it drives. Knocks a Mini into a cocked hat. Get a Z out on a test drive. :)

Horses for courses, Rob. Over the urban commute that I used to be saddled with the MINI put a bigger smile on my face than the Zed. On the North Wales roads its very much the other way round. IMHO the Zed's a far better car but the MCS has its moments. :)

Agreed mate. :) Just in my experience with my Mum's MCS it bobbed and scuttered with little character and it made it tiring to drive for me.