Looking for a new rusty Datsun

Hi another newbie hello, I'm on the lookout for a second hand zed. Currently have a 200sx S13 I'll be breaking soon so I'm looking for something a bit more refined (see sig) it's a bit too track/drift oriented for the road.

Current want is black, GT with alezan - and around the £15k mark. Year less important than condition. However I'm happy to have my head/wallet turned by anything nice :) from what I've seen the gunmetal and silver are also great looking and I have a soft spot for red cars (see sig) and they have always treated me well. So any colour basically.

Anyway, I'm 38, I work in the West End and live in St Albans.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Red is the fastest colour, FACT. :thumbs:

I did see the SC'd z in for sale - that car ticks so many of my boxes I wasn't sure whether it was real! Stock exterior with an extra kick inside in particular made it stand out, and probably the first private plate I ever thought was cool (I like GT5P on the PS3 a lot too) ... if there'd been a "Buy it now" button on Sat night when I saw the ad - slightly the worse for wear beer-wise - it would be sitting outside now!

But, realistically I want something stock for the time being. I've lived abroad once or twice and wouldn't want to let anything stand in the way of that happening again at some point - selling cars is always the hardest part of moving, selling a modded car is often a bit trickier too. Of course this resolve to stay stock is likely to last 6months tops when the need for FI will bite me again (usually in the wallet). Also I think I prefer to recycle exhaust gases than parasite the crank ... off the line boost is nice but a kick in the back is more exciting ... plus I don't really know until I've driven one for a while what sort of mod I'd want to do. Perfect spec but too soon.

I'll keep scanning for sale and let you know when I join properly!

Red is the fastest colour, FACT. :thumbs:

Lol, also attracts more coppers. :lol::p

Of course this resolve to stay stock is likely to last 6months tops when the need for FI will bite me again (usually in the wallet).

Famous last words. ;)

Welcome to the forum Jon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I found a car I liked and finally took ownership today!

:yahoo:

It is the sc black 53 gt I saw on here. The extra power really adds a bit of urgency to the standard's already decent output. It turns it into the kind of car I'm excited to drive without making it too impractical on the queen's highway. Since the install and map had all been done by a well-known Nissan tuner (Abbey) I felt fairly confident buying this modified Zed.

Best bit is the completely stock-standard exterior, apart from the faint slithering of belts, rumbling of clutch and slight note to the exhaust at idle you'd never know it was anything other than a regular model (ok, actually it's quite a bit noisier overall). But I didn't buy it to sit in traffic idling my petrol away ... there's no chance of mistaking it for standard when it's moving. :teeth:

PF brake setup is waiting to go on, bronze TE37s are a cheeky twinkle in my eye when the bank has recharged somewhat, the grin though - is permanent, my face muscles ache :thumbs: